Search similar:

uniqs
Tyronic
join:2012-05-22

1 edit

Tyronic

[DSL] Weird provisioned speeds.

Click for full size
I am getting above advertised speed for my downstream but only 20% of my advertised upload speed.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

You're having some pretty bad issues on the upstream, especially with attenuation which should be half of what it is now with a higher noise margin, speed, and lower power. Bet you your Voice service if you have Frontier POTS also isn't the best sounding thing either.

What you can do is take your modem to the NID to see if anything improves out there. If not, you'll be wanting to get a tech out to find what's wrong with your copper circuit.
Tyronic

Tyronic

Click for full size
I am unable to test out in the NID the tech that hooked up our Internet just threw a bunch of wires in there and the Splitter got water in it but after I reset my router my margin dropped and my upload increased.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

OK. Either way, I would still get a tech out to fix that. Stats like that on the upload can't fly.
Tyronic

Tyronic

Ill take another round with tech support can I get them to replace my NID it doesn't look up to code at all.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

They should not have a problem replacing the NID if it is old. When we moved in they installed a NID from the stoneage that came with its own prehistoric critters. My circuit was always dropping out, finally convinced them that the NID was the cause of my problems. Cleared up a lot of the drop outs and noise on the line when they replaced it.