spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

heeby jeeby

@verizon.net

[Installer] hughes techs---

what kind of dielectric grease is everyone using? i have absolutely always HATED the boss 440. the tubes always crack and bust out. ive tried rolling from the bottom, taping them up, nothing seems to really work to well to prevent busting out. i hate wasting half a tube because of it. just wondering if anyones using anything better. naturally price is a factor as well. im not finding anything even close to the 6-7$ range that im currently paying for 5oz.
additionally, in the winter, its even worse. that stuff gets hard as all hell and tubes bust even quicker.

A Tech

join:2008-11-10
cut off more of the end so the hole is bigger and leave it in the truck in the winter.

sharkyyoung
Premium
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV
Don't you mean Don't leave it in the truck in the winter.

heeby jeeby

@verizon.net
reply to heeby jeeby
yeah, ive tried the whole bigger hole, leave it on the dash to heat up in the winter. so im assuming your both using the boss 440 then also. oh well, guess we cant get everything we want out of life. i was just hoping for a better product out there.

schmeck

@centurytel.net
reply to heeby jeeby
I use Synco "super lube" It's on hughes's approved list, operating temp -40f to +400f.I usually buy it at Harbour Frieght tools but alot of hardware stores carry it. It is the best definatly.

montana_sat
Premium
join:2005-12-05
Kalispell, MT
STUFF works great!

HiroPro

join:2011-07-17
What do you guys use the grease for?

Iowa Cowboy

join:2012-08-16
Monticello, IA
reply to heeby jeeby
I am afraid to ask

A Tech

reply to HiroPro
Rub it on a scratched cell phone screen then wipe if off and no more scratches.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY
reply to HiroPro
said by HiroPro:

What do you guys use the grease for?

I hope you're not an installer

//greg//

A Tech

ROFLMAO

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa
kudos:5
reply to HiroPro
I know it is humorous for those in the know, but it does deserve an answer. It is used in the cable connections to make them waterproof.

Has lots of other similar uses, such as in spark plug boots.

It is also a good anti-seize compound - for example when threading brass onto aluminum, something I unfortunately know about the hard way.
--
Motosat self-pointing dishes: 1.2-meter XF-3 on 93W, .74 meter G74 on 127W, SL-5 HD DirecTV|idirect 3100|Hughes HN7000S|Verizon UMW190 Air Card|1990 Blue Bird Wanderlodge Bus "Blue Thunder"|Author of hnFAP-Alert, PC-OPI and DSSatTool

stardust3

join:2012-09-08
united state
reply to heeby jeeby
For dispensing I use a large syringe (livestock type) with the needle cut back & square. Fits nicely in my tool belt, precision dispensing without overkill & easily refilled. It works great & have had the same 1 for several years. They can be bought at a tractor supply or other farm supply dealers.

Longtime reader here, thought is was time to join in on the conversation here.

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
Funny tube, lube is what sat should be know for lmao.