how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hmm

@videotron.ca
reply to the cerberus

Re: Quebecor wins court ruling over Bell

It took only a download to fix whatever Bell tried to do. Everyone was using free BeV.

I still have the old boxes & old cards some place in the shed next to the dish.

Once they finally frigged people, people got rid of their basic package and went elsewhere. BeV wasn't worth keeping w/o all the free channels. Even Bell knew this.

the cerberus

join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON

2 edits

said by hmm :

It took only a download to fix whatever Bell tried to do. Everyone was using free BeV.

I still have the old boxes & old cards some place in the shed next to the dish.

Once they finally frigged people, people got rid of their basic package and went elsewhere. BeV wasn't worth keeping w/o all the free channels. Even Bell knew this.

But every provider that was using Nagra1 and 2 at the time, ECM was standard procedure Nagra gave as "support" for their product, then every provider had to switch to 3 when "support" ended.

I would argue Nagra was at fault or whoever they are suing for hacking their cards in the first place.

If you actually look into the history, Bell just purchased this Dish Network Canada, and this Nagra thing wasnt even their choice in the first place.

Bell encrypted their streams, Dish Network chose the vendor Nagra, and every provider follows whatever the vendor says, unless they want to spend millions on new cards/and possibly receivers.

Currently the Nagra3 card isnt hacked, but like every subscription ca card, it can be shared, and things like this arent going to stop.

Maybe it will be hacked, maybe whatever encryption Rogers or Shaw Direct uses will be hacked, but its hardly the providers fault when these things happen.