Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
Teen wolf re-airs though. One thing I like about USA, SyFy, TNT. They re-air their shows a couple of times. So if there is a time conflict, i can resolve it on the DVR timer.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
Problem with Hulu, is that for some networks, the show maybe delayed for up to a week or more. Where as Torrents and newsgroups, Itunes, it's available the next day or so.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

...Where as Torrents and newsgroups, Itunes, it's available the next day or so.

Or a few hours after air.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Watching right now, not sure what I think of the new "opening"...

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by darcilicious:

Don't like it.

Niarlan
Excelsior
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Manville, NJ

1 recommendation

Niarlan to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
New opening tries to tell the backstory too much. Guess it's their cheap way of trying to catch people up....old one better. Mom's going to be a fun one but I bet she don't last long. Good that it's back though...looks like this season is going to give us more backstory and that's a good thing.

Nia

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I thought it ok.
I guess my problem is that I've been watching lost girl for so long.

They have a few interesting plot lines that will be interesting to see how they unfold. I'm still curious as to why the Grimm doesn't see the Captains true "self", like he does other creatures.

Niarlan
Excelsior
Premium Member
Manville, NJ

Niarlan

Premium Member

Well so far the Captain has yet to show himself as a vesen....I think he's plain vanilla human but obviously part of the royal families.

Nia

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

[GRIMM] Überwessen?

Yeah the Captain Sean Renard, might be some kind of Überwessen an Overlord or an Emperor type baddie. Apparently the Grimm once worked for them to control the other wessen and keep them in line. Makes me wonder what other 'abilities' the Grimm have that make them so special and set apart from the Verrat enforcers, and regular wessen. Pretty sure we should be getting some more in depth Grimm background from Nicks Grimm-mom Kelly Burkhardt in the next while.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

1 recommendation

footballdude to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

Re: Grimm Season 2 (Aug 13!)

I actually yelled "Oh, come on!" when the screen said 'continued next week'.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to Alpha Phoenix

MVM

to Alpha Phoenix
I think the opening is taking a page from Firefly: trying to get the uninitiated up to speed with what the show is about. I think it was a good idea, especially with it's move to Monday night. It would not surprise me to see them drop it after a few episodes, though. It's probably an extra minute they could reuse for more content in the show....or more accurate, another minute of commercials.

Personally, I miss the days of shows having openings instead of just a quick splash screen and diving into it. I'm probably in a small minority, though.
seaquake

seaquake to footballdude

MVM

to footballdude
said by footballdude:

I actually yelled "Oh, come on!" when the screen said 'continued next week'.

My wife and I were watching via DVR. I had advanced past the last batch of commercials and then looked how much time was left: 5 minutes. At that point I told her "You know this isn't going to be resolved tonight, right?" 'Yeah, I saw the time'. So it wasn't a surprise to us....just a few more days for the next part.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to seaquake

Premium Member

to seaquake
said by seaquake:

I think the opening is taking a page from Firefly: trying to get the uninitiated up to speed with what the show is about. I think it was a good idea, especially with it's move to Monday night.

I agree - they realize that they have a solid show on their hands, one that has probably grown substantially by word of mouth, and they need to bring all of the new fans up to speed.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

said by darcilicious:

Don't like it.

Ya the new opening was crap
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

Problem with Hulu, is that for some networks, the show maybe delayed for up to a week or more. Where as Torrents and newsgroups, Itunes, it's available the next day or so.

Well seeing as how I don't have time to watch it till the weekend anyway...

lotusracer
Premium Member
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL

lotusracer to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
so, WOW

the former "tauron dirt eater" is actually royalty???

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Capt. Sean Renard Über Hexen Beast Prince, eh? , odd that he's able to hide his nature from the Grimm.

footballdude
Premium Member
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by TwiztedZero:

Capt. Sean Renard Über Hexen Beast Prince, eh? , odd that he's able to hide his nature from the Grimm.

I think he's something else. Otherwise he wouldn't have needed the hexenbeast's help in making a potion or waking Juliet.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by footballdude:

said by TwiztedZero:

I think he's something else. Otherwise he wouldn't have needed the hexenbeast's help in making a potion or waking Juliet.

Maybe not.... According to »grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Sean_Renard

Renard acquires the potion needed to awaken Juliette Silverton from Catherine Schade. He is surprised to learn that the potion is for him to consume before he kisses Juliette. Renard asks, "What are these lumps?" Catherine responds, "It's better that you don't know. And, since you're barely human, you're in for quite a ride, sweetie." Back at his home, Renard prepares to take the potion. He briefly morphs into a Hexenbiest, revealing his true nature for the first time.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

[GRIMM] Beasties!

Honey, I polymorphed the kids! Hexen Beasts Lumps! So he's 'barely human' to begin with and Catherine added to the mix with the mysterious lumps causing the brief hexenmorph, eh? So he's still a WhatKindofBeastiePrince? Oh and will Nick be able to "see" him for what he is now with the lumpy adittive? ut Ut Oh Oh!

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

1 recommendation

SixOfNine

Premium Member

Finally watched episode 2 on the DVR - fantastic!

Do you think Mom is really leaving? Would hate to see her go. She needs to teach Nick more Grimm karate skills.

Sad to see Catherine go - I kind of liked her in a Hexenbiest sort of way. Of course, I like her daughter a lot more.

The coming attractions seemed to indicate that Nick's partner is going to see a lot more of Nick's world.

footballdude
Premium Member
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by SixOfNine:

Do you think Mom is really leaving? Would hate to see her go. She needs to teach Nick more Grimm karate skills.

Did you not notice when Nick dropped her off? She pretended to go into the station, the backtracked and hopped into a cab. She doing something sneaky.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

said by footballdude:

said by SixOfNine:

Did you not notice when Nick dropped her off? She pretended to go into the station, the backtracked and hopped into a cab. She doing something sneaky.

I saw her turn around, had to get up to engage in some parenting, and didn't bother rewinding. I just that we continue to see a lot of her as opposed to something like every four episodes.

Niarlan
Excelsior
Premium Member
Manville, NJ

Niarlan

Premium Member

She might have left...just not the way Nick was expecting. Mom doesn't seem the type to leave by the front door you know....just in case

Nia

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

TwiztedZero to footballdude

Premium Member

to footballdude
said by footballdude:

said by SixOfNine:

From what I saw, Nicks Grimm-Mom didn't hop any cabs, she jimmied a car and took off (or went someplace else in the show).
netsurfer1
join:2012-04-13
Atlanta, GA

netsurfer1 to darcilicious

to darcilicious

Re: Grimm Season 2 (Aug 13!)

This is one of my favorite show. I will make sure to not miss any show.

footballdude
Premium Member
Imperial, MO

footballdude to TwiztedZero

Premium Member

to TwiztedZero

Re: [GRIMM] Beasties!

said by TwiztedZero:

From what I saw, Nicks Grimm-Mom didn't hop any cabs, she jimmied a car and took off (or went someplace else in the show).

That's right, I don't know why I rememered a cab. She was supposed to be getting on a bus or something, though.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I think she realized who the prince was and is going to spy on her son and the 2 vesen he's friends with as well as the prince.

BTW I think the prince is some sort of grimm/Hexen Beast thing.

notice how the Hexen Beast refereed to him as a B*

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

[Grimm S2E3] "Bad Moon Rising"

Well Tonights Episode of GRIMM

-It turns out that Hank Griffin is finally let into Nick's world and as a result Nick is able to finally open up to his partner and gained an extra ally; and Hank discovers he's not so crazy after all. Win Win.

-Meanwhiles, Juliette, Nick's veterinarian girlfriend/fiancé seems to remember everything except poor Nick himself. Yeek.

This episode went well as can be, The "Coyotyls" were okay, though the coincidence that a good friend of Hank's just happens to be a creature is a bit of a stretch. Still it was nice to see LOST Alumini Mark Pellegrino (Jacob), who seems to cameo on a lot of programs like Terry O'Quinn does.

Quill is the name of season 2 episode 4, comming up in the next week.