spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

VRSCA1

@wideopenwest.com

Arris Gateway Front Panel

Just dropped uverse for WOW Ultra with 15/2-signature HD-Essential Phone.Install went o.k. had a hiccup on the Pole,Tap was dead....Next Tap on pole 2 doors down had a water intrusion issue,so both line taps were replaced.Was pleased to see WOW get on it ASAP to get me online same day,so I was impressed.
Just a few questions on the ARRIS media gateway panel display icons.The wireless is on & works,but yet the wifi led on the front panel is not illuminated also the battery Led is only at 2 bars on the charge level,even ordered and installed a new battrey wow sent to me.Also phone line #2 continues to blink,but the plug for line #2 is not being used,only using line #1.The gateway functionality seems o.k. though,is my gateway front panel defective should I call and request another? Or should I try resetting or rebooting it by power cycling it?

dfs

@wideopenwest.com
Yes mine and a friends is the same way. We both thought the battery icon should show more then two bars. And the phone line 2 blinks even if nothing is connected.

Only problem i have is using the grid guide, pushing the button on the remote brings up the guide but its blank alot and sometimes wont load at all for 5 or so minutes. Then next time it works ok.
Got me.

vrsca1

@wideopenwest.com
How about the wireless icon indicator does your illuminate?

dfs

@wideopenwest.com
No. But the wireless works ok.

danix180

join:2012-07-27
Des Plaines, IL
reply to VRSCA1
Same problem here.

NuclearXP9

join:2012-04-12
Trenton, MI
reply to VRSCA1
mine does the same thing. yet another poor design of ultra t.v. the wireless indicator goes ON when wireless is off and OFF when it's on.

vrsca1

@wideopenwest.com
Now tonite the battery ICON indicator is flashing/blinking already got a new battrey from WOW....Now what?

dfs

@wideopenwest.com
I had that happen and called tech support and the guy said its testing itself and will go off. It took until the next day to stop blinking so im not sure about that.

Gerard1234

join:2012-04-03
It usually takes about 24 hours for the battery test to complete

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
moving soon
kudos:3
reply to dfs
said by dfs :

Only problem i have is using the grid guide, pushing the button on the remote brings up the guide but its blank alot and sometimes wont load at all for 5 or so minutes. Then next time it works ok.

I'll take that over a Comcast failure on the Motorola DVR where it takes hours to repopulate, and days to show beyond a week of scheduling again - including search functions

A lot of the other stuff I never bothered to notice since the service functioned.
--

Jim, VoIP 12/2002, VOIPo 2/2007
FAH-Tool~Pets~Join Artist-247