uniqs

dmolavi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-11
Cherry Hill, NJ

dmolavi

Premium Member

Screwing me after cancellation

Heads up for anyone out there who is thinking of cancelling and porting their number out of VT to another provider...I am having problems where people still on the VT network cannot reach me when calling me, and are instead greeted with a "Number no longer in service" message, even though every other non-VT person on the planet could reach me on that number (which is now with Verizon).

I have submitted a ticket and given VT 24 hrs to resolve the issue.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

I'm not a fan of VT, but this is a somewhat common occurrence whether porting out of Vonage, or porting out of GoogleVoice, or any number of other providers.

Your new provider sent a port request to the CLEC that VT was using, and that CLEC is a separate company. Often the CLEC's don't notify the providers like VT that a number has been ported out.

Or, the provider was notified, but didn't update its internal routing.

Yeah, you may need to nudge them a couple of times on this.

------------------------------------------------

I feel bad that your experience with VT caused you to leave VoIP altogether.

There are other fish in the sea besides going back to POTS.

dmolavi
Premium Member
Cherry Hill, NJ

dmolavi

Premium Member

I notified VT of the pending port when I submitted the cancellation request. And from Verizon's end, the port is complete and they are handling my number now.

I was going to head to another VoIP provider, but I was able to score a deal too good to resist w/ FiOS (50/25 + DV for $70/month...less than I was paying for separate data plus VT for voice).
dmolavi

dmolavi

Premium Member

Wow, I just noticed that they hit my account with an E911 fee *after* I cancelled my service. Way to milk every last nickle, VT...
mogulman
Premium Member
join:2002-09-09
Parker, CO

mogulman to dmolavi

Premium Member

to dmolavi
I had this happen with Vonage when I ported out.

Do you really think they are doing this on purpose to be jerks because you left?

dmolavi
Premium Member
Cherry Hill, NJ

dmolavi

Premium Member

At first I thought it was a pro-rated charge for the half month of service, until I saw that the normal E911 fee is only $0.48, and they dinged me twice that amount.

After having to nearly take them to court for $4000 in referral commissions, I wouldn't be surprised if Brendan and crew were trying to give me a digital middle finger. I'm just glad to be done with them.