Search similar:

uniqs
adymax
join:2012-03-14
Rolling Meadows, IL

adymax

WOW & Olympics

Got this email.
ACCESS NBCUNIVERSAL'S 3500+ HOURS OF ALL 302 EVENTS STREAMING LIVE!
By being a WOW! TV customer, you will have access to NBC Olympics Live Extra coverage of all 32 sports, all 302 events, all live from London, for no additional charge*. You will need your current WOW! username and password. For information and to obtain your username and/or password, go to portal.wowway.net/NBCLondonGames and click on the "Get Started" button.

•If you have your WOW! username and password, go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra/Help
•Click the "CLICK HERE AND GET READY" button
•Select WOW!
•Sign in using your current WOW! username and password.
•Watch NBCUniversal's live streaming starting July 25

WATCH IN 3D
WOW! will offer NBC's 3D Olympics channel for coverage spanning multiple competitions including track & field, swimming, synchronized swimming, gymnastics, diving, canoeing, medal rounds of basketball and more. Coverage will be next day delay. Tune to channel 609 to enjoy 3D coverage.

WATCH NBC'S OLYMPIC SOCCER AND BASKETBALL COVERAGE IN HD
During the London Olympic Games, WOW! is providing two dedicated 24/7 NBC HD specialty channels - one for basketball and one for soccer. As a WOW! customer, you will have access to both of these channels featuring a total of 770 hours of NBC's HD coverage, including men's and women's tournaments with live and re-aired programming: Soccer HD - ch 608 Basketball HD- ch 609
RKhoury
join:2008-10-22
Lawrence, KS

RKhoury

Does anyone know if those of us just acquired by WOW will have access to the 3D feed.

For particulars I'm in Lawrence, KS and am part of what was originally the Sunflower cable network.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by RKhoury:

Does anyone know if those of us just acquired by WOW will have access to the 3D feed.

For particulars I'm in Lawrence, KS and am part of what was originally the Sunflower cable network.

I don't know if the Knology customers will have the channels or not, but I believe they will have the streaming videos at »home.knology.net/nbclondongames/

For a more definite answer, I would call your normal customer service line and they should be able to tell you what will be offered. We're still in the very early stages of this transition, so the previous Knology systems are still in place for now.
RKhoury
join:2008-10-22
Lawrence, KS

RKhoury

Dan,

Thanks for the quick response.

Bob

troubleagain
@wideopenwest.com

troubleagain to adymax

Anon

to adymax
said by adymax:

WATCH IN 3D
WOW! will offer NBC's 3D Olympics channel for coverage spanning multiple competitions including track & field, swimming, synchronized swimming, gymnastics, diving, canoeing, medal rounds of basketball and more. Coverage will be next day delay. Tune to channel 609 to enjoy 3D coverage.

Ch. 609 says it needs to be ordered. Wording of the email implied there would be no charge.
ray2
join:2004-01-15
Des Plaines, IL

ray2

in desplaines il 609 and 608 tell me need to order thsi is miss leading us from what tell us can some one fix thsi thanks os much

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to adymax

Premium Member

to adymax
The Olympic channels are HD channels. You will need an HD box provided by WOW or a cable card in an HD device in order to get these channels.
adymax
join:2012-03-14
Rolling Meadows, IL

adymax

I have digital with HD and I see 607-609 Channels open. I don’t have 3D Tv but is NBC on crack? Why they show pre record 3D coverage in the mornings and not in prime time. Here is the schedule for Ch 609 3D: »areyouwatchingthis.com/t ··· ympic-3d
sportscubs30
join:2009-06-10

sportscubs30

I'm not very impressed with the NBC Olympics site at all. I logged in there successfully and they still ask me to click on a provider, name and password over and over again. I disabled my ad-blocker and cleaned out my temporary files etc. Sometimes I see the WOW icon that tells me that I'm logged in. It is really tiresome.

Why can't they just send me a special name and password and be done with it. I'm thinking they have too many viewers and I'm basically kicked down to the bottom until it is my time to watch five minutes of online coverage again. It kind of reminds me of the days of 'unlimited' dial-up internet while you surf really slow and they eventually disconnect you.

I would like to hear if anyone else has the same problem or the video playback is really slow. It seems to work better on Chrome if I can pass the sign-up stage. I live in the Evansville/Newburgh IN area.
sportscubs30

1 edit

sportscubs30

I keep getting this NBC pop-up over and over again: We're Sorry

It looks like your TV subscription does not support access to NBC Olympics Live Extra. Please contact your TV provider. A current subscription to a TV video programing package that includes MSNBC and CNBC is required for access to NBC Olympics Live Extra.

I sent an email to NBC a few minutes ago explaining my troubles. I never had any problems with the 2008 Beijing Summer Games at all.

I live in the Newburgh/Evansville IN area.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to sportscubs30

to sportscubs30
No problems. I'm using plain old IE.

dfs
@wideopenwest.com

dfs to sportscubs30

Anon

to sportscubs30
I have ultra tv signature and get it ok on channel 609.