uniqs

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Re: Got My New Build Lined Out....

So I found out that my TX3 Heatsink Fan will not fit an 1155 socket.

So I think I'm going to go with a Zalman Fan instead. I'll go with the 120mm if it'll fit with the side case fan installed.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Does Cooler Master have a bracket so you can use TX3 on 1155? It's worth writing or calling them and seeing what they can do--many companies offer a mounting bracket.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

Does Cooler Master have a bracket so you can use TX3 on 1155? It's worth writing or calling them and seeing what they can do--many companies offer a mounting bracket.

I checked around and couldn't find anything at all. Looks like the only compatible chip is the 1156.

I just ordered a Zalman 9500 AT 92mm Heatsink instead. After seating my RAM, I took some measurements and I don't see any way possible to run a 120mm. The heatsinks on the MB itself are pretty large. I'd have to remove the side fan on the case, which I don't want to do.

So I just went with the 92mm. Also...what the hell is the deal with the majority of heatsinks out there with no PWM support? I had a hell of a time finding one that wasn't 3 pin non PWM.

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 35118003