spc
uniqs
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch to AliceZ

to AliceZ

Re: TW going "crazy" tonight?

said by AliceZ:

I wonder how many other TW customers are having the same problems?This is just awful service and no notifications, etc. You would think that a large company like TW would have some method of putting a notice at bottom of screen that there were updates/changes being made and what to do if problems arose, etc. Just very frustrating paying for a service that is not working at present.
Have you tried telephoning TW support? If so, what was their answer. Or have you been unable to get through?

Inside sources tell me with regard to the slow searches that a Speed Boost fix is coming. And, OMG do the boxes need it!

Alice, what is the make and model of your box? If it is an SA-8240HDC or SA-8300HDC they have the slow search keyboard. If it is a NON-DVR box like an SA-4000 (or below) or worse yet, the first boxes out there, a Pioneer, these boxes are WAY TOO old to run the software well.

The non-C boxes of the SA-8240/8300 are older models but have no search lag at all! They are unfortunately being phased out. My box, the SA-8300HDC is only really slow on searching with more than say 20 listings of the same show Title. For example, MLB baseball has about a 20-30 second lag between each letter press, which is just aweful. (There are about 30 MLB Baseball games on the system at one time.) If you are searching for a show that only has no more than 7 titles, there is less lag, (5 seconds or less.) between the searches.

To work on avoiding the lag in searching, you will need to find a NON-C SA-8240 or NON-C SA-8300 DVR box, OR exchange your non-DVR box for a Cisco model.

(Or wait for the next software update.)

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"Inside sources tell me with regard to the slow searches that a Speed Boost fix is coming. And, OMG do the boxes need it!"

A patch was loaded on the ODN boxes in Buffalo this week. It did indeed take care of the the slow search issue.

Hob
Satch

Satch

said by hobgoblin:

"Inside sources tell me with regard to the slow searches that a Speed Boost fix is coming. And, OMG do the boxes need it!"

A patch was loaded on the ODN boxes in Buffalo this week. It did indeed take care of the the slow search issue.

Hob

Thanks Hobs,

AWESOME! Cuz the slow keyboard is the only big issue. Was this a version change too? Or just a regular box boot up and it was there. Great to see it's coming!

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin

Premium Member

It was a version change.

Hob
Satch

Satch

said by hobgoblin:

It was a version change.

Hob

Thanks Hobs,

Do you know the new version number? We got ODN 5.2.07 in Wisconsin.

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Hob
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to hobgoblin

Premium Member

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

Hob

Roc getting it thing coming week, I would assume?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"Roc getting it thing coming week, I would assume?"

Already got it.

Hob
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32

Premium Member

said by hobgoblin:

"Roc getting it thing coming week, I would assume?"

Already got it.

Hob

Thanks, now I see where it says 5.2.0_9. I don't recall my boxes rebooting this week, but obviously they must have. It sucks that the Select+Down Arrow diagnostic screens are gone now. It took me a while to find the firmware version info in the other set of diag screens.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Select and Up works for me.

Hob

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

said by hobgoblin:

Hob

This works in any box?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"This works in any box?"

I think Steve has the same Cisco box as I do here at home and my reply was to him.
I have not tested on other makes in the WNY market.

Hob

bluepoint

bluepoint

I tried it with the samsung box and it works but the diagnostics screens, not unless I miss it, did not show what ODN version is running. Does it? Thanks.
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32 to hobgoblin

Premium Member

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

Hob

Yup, Select + Up works, prior to ODN 5 the only way you could access those screens IIRC, was pressing Vol+ and Info on the front of the box. But anyhow, like I posted, Select + Down no longer works ever since the 5.2. It sucks, that was an easy way to check versions, last boot time, Tune Failures and what I liked doing, accessing the hard drive info and seeing the exact usage and calculating the average bitrate for recorded content on the DVR. I know most, if not all of that information can be accessed with the other menus, but the Select + Down screens were better laid out, I think.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to bluepoint

Premium Member

to bluepoint
said by bluepoint:

I tried it with the samsung box and it works but the diagnostics screens, not unless I miss it, did not show what ODN version is running. Does it? Thanks.

Page 10/39 on the MFR Diags shows the versions here on my Cisco.

Hob

bluepoint

bluepoint

No MFR Diags menu in the samsung. There is a diagnostics item in the extended diagnostic menu but it's asking for a password. Do you know what's the password?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by bluepoint:

Do you know what's the password?

I dont, but even if I did I would not post passwords on a public site! I like my job.

Hob

bluepoint

bluepoint

No big deal, just thought it's openly available to us.