uniqs

AliceZ
join:2007-06-24
NYC

AliceZ to chamberc

to chamberc

Re: TW going "crazy" tonight?

And now = Please Wait...." "Please wait....." "Please "Wait...."

What's going on with TW here in Queens, NY?
AliceZ

AliceZ

I telephoned TW today and they said they have not been doing anything to cause problems such as slow SEARCH, or slow channel switching, etc.
I don't know if they even know what is going on. Tonight I also had to unplug box and replug to get out of a 'frozen' screen after GUIDE would not close.
I am afraid to even go to SEARCH (here in Queens, NYC). Anyone else in Queens, NYC, having similar problems? This is taking up a lot of my time and I don't think it should be while TW says they have done nothing lately to cause these problems.

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

Staten Island got ODN v5.2.0_9 which fixes the search bug and a few others. It is a patch, so no new features.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint to AliceZ

to AliceZ
If you were updated to ODN 5.2.0_7(black menu), it slowed the box a bit. Wait for the update fix to ODN 5.2.0_9, it quickens the search and channel changing. When you have a chance trade your cable box with the newer model cisco or black samsung. I've read here it's easier to trade boxes in Queens and manhattan for the newer boxes unlike here in S.I. they hoard the newer ones. So yes, trek down a TWC office near you and change them.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by bluepoint:

If you were updated to ODN 5.2.0_7(black menu), it slowed the box a bit. Wait for the update fix to ODN 5.2.0_9, it quickens the search and channel changing. When you have a chance trade your cable box with the newer model cisco or black samsung. I've read here it's easier to trade boxes in Queens and manhattan for the newer boxes unlike here in S.I. they hoard the newer ones. So yes, trek down a TWC office near you and change them.

I am curious to see how the motorola DCX-M boxes handle the "the Guide" upgrade when it comes next month here in North Texas also we got a possible customized version iGuide as it now say R29 instead of A28 in the iGuide diagnostics menu for the software version. The iGuide R29 upgrade added caller id on tv and lookback and startover also I have heard and read on the TWC untangled website that they are working on a version of remote DVR for iGuide and the android and ios tv remote apps for iGuide as well.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

Is the customized iGuide you're referring to the same as the black guide we have here? If no, why so? Reason I ask, caller id, lookback and startover has been in our division since digital service started @ the time I subscribed to TWC, thats about 3 or 4 years ago.