uniqs

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

NBC Olympic Specialty Channels added!

I didn't see any notice about this and when I contacted Time Warner support they claimed they had no plan to add them and the online lineup page still doesn't list them, but the NBC Olympic Soccer channel has been added to 389 and NBC Olympic Basketball channel has been added to 390 today (I assume for all of the LA area but can't say for sure).
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565

»www.twcableuntangled.com ··· s-begin/

alien
@sbcglobal.net

alien to Suit Up

Anon

to Suit Up
Do you know if they added the two specialty channels in standard definition and not in HD. I don't have an HD TV.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by alien :

Do you know if they added the two specialty channels in standard definition and not in HD. I don't have an HD TV.

no they are HD only but you can set you box to output 480i only and still be able to tune the channels.
motorola870

motorola870 to Suit Up

to Suit Up
said by Suit Up:

I didn't see any notice about this and when I contacted Time Warner support they claimed they had no plan to add them and the online lineup page still doesn't list them, but the NBC Olympic Soccer channel has been added to 389 and NBC Olympic Basketball channel has been added to 390 today (I assume for all of the LA area but can't say for sure).

Are you in a 860MHz SDV are of LA or are you in the former comcast 750MHz area with all channels digital above limited basic? If you are in a former comcast area that would confirm that all of LA got them.

The former comcast areas are hurting for bandwidth right now they are missing:

ESPN Deportes HD
MLB Network Strike Zone HD

alien
@sbcglobal.net

alien

Anon

How can I set my cable box to 480i? I went into the cable box setup option but didn't see any option to do that.

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to motorola870

to motorola870
said by motorola870:

Are you in a 860MHz SDV are of LA or are you in the former comcast 750MHz area with all channels digital above limited basic? If you are in a former comcast area that would confirm that all of LA got them.

I'm in a former TCI area with SDV. I've got ESPN Deportes HD and MLB Strike Zone HD. Guess we'll need someone from the former Comcast area to chime in in order to confirm if they have it or not.
Suit Up

Suit Up to alien

to alien
said by alien :

How can I set my cable box to 480i? I went into the cable box setup option but didn't see any option to do that.

What model box do you have? How you set it up depends on the model (and if you even have a HD box in the first place - you can use a HD box with a non-HDTV).

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to Suit Up

Premium Member

to Suit Up
So are those channel numbers, 389 & 390, going to be the same throughout all of Time Warner Cable's footprint?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by juilinsandar:

So are those channel numbers, 389 & 390, going to be the same throughout all of Time Warner Cable's footprint?

the channels in Texas are 994 and 995 with 994 being the Soccer HD channel and 995 being the Basketball HD channel. Also 997 has become Olympics 3D channel.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

Thank you.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to Suit Up

Premium Member

to Suit Up

Opening ceremony?

Will TWC be showing this live from London later today or do we have to wait for NBC tonight? :P

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin

Premium Member

TWC can ONLY show what NBC gives them. They have the rights to the games.

Hob
Expand your moderator at work

Usafan2012
@sbcglobal.net

Usafan2012 to alien

Anon

to alien

Re: NBC Olympic Specialty Channels added!

Please help me find the channel for usa basketball tomorrow i looked at listing for 390 and 389 anyone know how to find it have time warner in hollywood with an hd box help

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

I a sure somone can give you the correct channel but the basketball games have been shown live on the normal NBC channel or NBC sports.

Hob
marc3565

marc3565

for Buffalo.. Basketball is also on 1511. Soccer on 1510.

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to Usafan2012

to Usafan2012
said by Usafan2012 :

Please help me find the channel for usa basketball tomorrow i looked at listing for 390 and 389 anyone know how to find it have time warner in hollywood with an hd box help

Are you in a former Comcast area? That could be the problem. You can also try rebooting your box (unplug the power wait a few minutes and then plug it back in).
marc3565

marc3565 to Suit Up

to Suit Up
Best way to find all the channels..

-Tune into one of the main channels like NBC or NBC SPORTS
-Press the blue B button
-You should be highlighting "XXX SUMMER OLYMPICS"
-Press the SEL button
-A list of times should show up for various offerings.
-Scroll down the list one by one looking at the channel number on right half of screen

This will show you all the channels containing olympic events.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to Suit Up

Premium Member

to Suit Up
What about live ceremonies? Did they do one for the opening ceremony? What about tonight's? :P Or do we all have to wait for NBC's delayed broadcast?

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

1 recommendation

Suit Up

said by antdude:

What about live ceremonies? Did they do one for the opening ceremony? What about tonight's? :P Or do we all have to wait for NBC's delayed broadcast?

These channels were for soccer and basketball only. No other games or events were shown on them.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
"What about live ceremonies? Did they do one for the opening ceremony? What about tonight's? :P Or do we all have to wait for NBC's delayed broadcast?"

I think I already said that NBC controls when the events and the ceremonies were shown.

Hob