share rss forum feed

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
Premium
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to cdru

Re: !

I do see your point and agree they would piss it away, however the mega-corps have made sure that any new telco operation ( Caugh... local municipal broadband) that would step in on there territory are sent the way of the DODO before they even get off the ground.

Its literally a loose-loose for the consumer anyway you look at it.

jcondon

join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

said by buddahbless:

I do see your point and agree they would piss it away, however the mega-corps have made sure that any new telco operation ( Caugh... local municipal broadband) that would step in on there territory are sent the way of the DODO before they even get off the ground.

I was going to say this. Why do they block the towns from doing their own thing if they aren't interested? Because some day they might get around to offering something there and don't want any competition. Why would I buy their expensive / capped LTE service when my town offers much cheaper fiber?

There are some interesting podcasts about this that I have recently listened to.

»muninetworks.org/tags/tags/broadband-bits

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX
reply to buddahbless

said by buddahbless:

Agreed, these companies really think wireless is a replacement and it is for their business but in the end it really isnt.. at the price of 4g with overages people are just gonna stick to sat.. (used it before at a friends house..) lets just say its not so fun, 4g priceing is outragous (I understand that it costs money to operate and profit is needed) but im startin to think for rural areas they should allow increased caps (due to lesser pop..) or at least let the citys that really want their own to make it..