join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain

Re: Mists of Pandaria relase date announced

I prefer to max em all
though I still haven't maxed archeology

btw back when BWD was current I would always have to bandage myself on chim it worked nicely.

ya it'll be less usefull for the priest but it'll still be nice to have it maxed just because.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

So instead of trying to kill him as fast as you could before he killed you since all healing abilities were reduced by 99%, you used a band aid.....

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by mettachain:

So instead of trying to kill him as fast as you could before he killed you since all healing abilities were reduced by 99%, you used a band aid.....

It was for phase 1 not phase 2
I did it to ease the strain on the heals, you know that extra damage that goes to one extra person in addition to the raidwide damage, a DPS not dieing in phase 1 means phase2 would go better.

it was just when the extra damage that dropped me after the healers had healed but not the raid wide one, if it wasn't caught then you'd die so I'd bandage (infact most of the raid would bandage some)

then phase 2 and pop hero and dps like mad, we genrally watched for when Phase 2 was about to start so healers could try to top more up so phase 2 would go better.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

Did people die in phase 1?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by mettachain:

Did people die in phase 1?

sometimes

healer issue, easily solved by non-tanks bandaging from time to time (the bandage doesn't even have to complete) just a couple ticks

Tanks couldn't due to more important matters, but DPS without non-CD'ed healing abilities needed to help themselves some.

Ya it was really annoying, but easily worked around.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

Man. I played a resto shaman for all Cata. Had a Rdrood, and disc priest with me for T11. I don't remember normal Chim being hard. We saw him and 1 shotted.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by mettachain:

Man. I played a resto shaman for all Cata. Had a Rdrood, and disc priest with me for T11. I don't remember normal Chim being hard. We saw him and 1 shotted.

congratz on being special. Thevast majority of guilds out there struggle, and rarely 1-shot progression content.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

Just takes some reading. Which apparently a lot of people even need to do that for LFR...

Effing boat and spine "HAVE SO MUCH STUFF GOING ON!" idiots can't focus.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
I wouldn't call it hard, but when healers didn't keep people at atleast 10k they died, btw its the same healers that were to scared to attempt heroics.

From a DPS stand point it was easy, and I don't mind lowering my DPS in a non-burn phase for the sake of not dieing. (a toon that not dead does more DPS than a deadone)

But I don't know what was up with the healers the first couple times in there I didn't bandage and I died, so I started bandageing and lived.

the RL even told people to bandage when possible to ease the strain on the healers.

I think mostly they just didn't notice that non-raidwide damage that picks one person at a time so it'd hit someone and then next raidwide damage the toon would die.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by mettachain:

congratz on being special. Thevast majority of guilds out there struggle, and rarely 1-shot progression content.

You know what I'd be less annoyed at them if the healers had fixed their issue after it was a farm boss, but nope still had to even when the group was doing 5/6 weekly in BWD.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

well, it was definitely better to have two strong raid healers and a barrier from the disc

Edit: And my mana tide totem

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
well, I don't know your guildies, but healing was really broken in T11 so I can understand being gun-shy as a healer. Still, there is no real harm done trying heroics, then switching to normal to continue the farm.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya they were to scared to TRY

oh well that guild is long gone, its now a LVL25 bank guild and the only member is actually playing D3.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
Chimeron was easy when your basic heals hit for 10k.

It was a lot harder when when your basic heal didn't, so you had to have either expensive hots rolling on everyone, or be ready to spam like mad and hope your healers didn't pick the same dude.

that mechanic was the most strict breakpoint in the game: either you can heal 10k with the cheap heal, or you couldn't. Depends on how your gear went.

Feud damage was always manageable. The hard part was just getting splashed people from 1 to 10k before the next splash.

MASTERY STACKED SHAMANS GOOOO