how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rayvyn

join:2002-02-25
Emeryville, CA

[Line Problem] Alternative To AT&T Line Installation

I recently moved to a new apartment and was transferring my Internet service to the new building. Turns out my provider that is not AT&T even though they use AT&T lines for service. The AT&T tech installed the line from the pole to the box on the side of my building but want to charge $125 to put a phone jack into my room. Does anyone here know of a company or electrician that could do the job for less. The line has to be run about 90 feet from the box and the building is stucco and hard to drill through. Any suggestions on a business in the Oakland, Ca area that will do the job for less than AT&T?

Thank you,
Rayvyn

ATTek
Got Sand?
Premium
join:2000-12-13
Glendora, CA

Who is your provider? Generally speaking we don't even do jack work for the resellers anyway. Did you rent an actual apartment or are you simply renting a room from someone else?
--
What does THIS button do.....

Rayvyn

join:2002-02-25
Emeryville, CA

I have an alternative to AT&T that I don't want to name here. They don't do inside wiring, and they have self-install. AT&T will install the line for $135. I'm just looking for someone who will install the jack for less money. I feel betrayed by AT&T because for years I paid some "inside wiring" fee and they don't even want to put in an extra jack. So I would rather pay someone else to do the work and maybe save some money in the process. Right now I have a wireless router set up but I want the actual jack in the room with no jack so I can plug directly into the phone line and use an Ethernet connection to my PCs.

Thanks,

Rayvyn

ATTek
Got Sand?
Premium
join:2000-12-13
Glendora, CA

Got ya. Probably won't be hard to find a contractor to do it. Try the pennysaver or similar. And FWIW, the monthly wirepro never covered installing additional jacks It was just basically insurance to repair what you have if it broke.
--
What does THIS button do.....