Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

scrummie02
Bentley
Premium
join:2004-04-16
Arlington, VA

Are we allowed to post places we have for rent?

I have a place that I own I want to rent out and was wondering if I could post it here.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2

1 recommendation

I don't see why not. I wouldn't post an address or home/cell phone number...ask people to PM you if they're interested.

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11
reply to scrummie02

Yeechhhh

I know we have always frowned on business postings.
Real grey area if you just are saddled with a former residence that you are no longer using.
I'd come down in favor of letting you give the approximate location and asking for PMs, keeping discussions out of the forum, but only if it is not a side business
--
Was a Cruise Fanatic, one cruise on Princess cured me. Bleah

scrummie02
Bentley
Premium
Arlington, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

No, no side business. It's my residence I just moved out of when I bought another house. No management company, I am the landlord so everything through me.

I just thought I'd ask because I didn't want to spam the board.

I'd like to put a description and keep addresses and such to pm traffic only if that's acceptable.
--
"He's a politician. It's like being a hooker. You can't be one unless you can pretend to like people while you're f*cking them."
General Welfare

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11

that is what I was cutting slack for.
I've seen people move in with their SO and have a "dead" residence on their hands...
I'm not the site protocol setter, but I have been a mod in this forum for ... never mind how long for.....

I might even get to see a picture where you say "this used to be my kitchen" (but keep it subtle, we are treading in grey area)
--
Was a Cruise Fanatic, one cruise on Princess cured me. Bleah

scrummie02
Bentley
Premium
Arlington, VA

I'll PM you my post and if it's cool then that's what I'll use. If not I'll change it.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand
reply to scrummie02

I am the owner/landlord of both adjacent houses and I just put a for rent sign in the front yard with my phone number on it.

That works very well.

--
July is National Ice Cream Month

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-27
Springfield, VA
kudos:2

You put a "For Rent" sign in scrummie02 See Profile's front yard with your phone number?

I might try that for one of my neighbors.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

said by grobinette:

You put a "For Rent" sign in scrummie02 See Profile's front yard with your phone number?

I might try that for one of my neighbors.

When I first moved to this area more than 50 years ago, Arlington was but a brief error and my family soon realized the Land of Pleasant Living presented a better environment.

My father bought 50 acres on the bay north of Sandy Point at the mouth of the Magothy River and built a marina along with a few houses. We sold it 25 years ago and I started investing in real estate and stocks along with other investments.

Next month I will close on my fifth investment property which will NOT be located in Arlington, so you are welcome to use scrummie02 See Profile's front yard for what ever purpose you desire.

--
July is National Ice Cream Month