Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg

Re: So what did you do yesterday?

Well I guess it could be I'm afraid the group I'm in will fail, so I guess it'd be fear of failure.

also add int the fear of giving up, I fear that a group won't stick togather and keep trying.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

much fear i sense in you, young padawan

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by cymraeg:

much fear i sense in you, young padawan

I overcome the fear, and mourn the wipes

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

You must wipe at least 3 times

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by mettachain:

You must wipe at least 3 times

I think a group should be willing to stick togather for atleast 3 wipes

Last night I joined a DS Pug that said they were going to do heroic mar and ultra, um ya right.

on Mar I was top DPS and #2 was over 5k lower (and it dropped like a rock as you went further down the list)

they got a 2nd mage after the hunter left on 1 wipe (he wanted to compair a PUG to the top guild on the server LOL, ya the top guild on the server does 1 shot everything the same is rare for pugs)

well the 2nd mage was utter crap, only pulled like 10k dps, and the clone tank couldn't manage to last.

Plus even though the clone group (group1) had both a shamy and a mage nether would pop hero when the RL wanted.

after more than doubleing my total wipes on heroic mar (who I've downed before) they opt to switch to reg and just kill him (should have been my sign to scram, but I figured maybe they'd be able to atleast finish the raid on reg and I might get some upgrades)

nope, they downed Mar, then went on to wipe on warlord, melee not GTFO at 5 stacks as the RL wanted, then they called it (seems they were getting tired)

So ah crap I'm locked to 1 boss in and who's ever going to be looking for people to join with 1 boss down.

so a total waste of time.

then in LFR part 2 earlier in the night.

I come in and they just wiped on ultra, so I figure ok no big deal maybe the bads left and all will be ok.

No such luck.

Tanks couldn't keep aggro, so ultra tried to melee me (WTF why am I #2 on threat) yay iceblock

the rest of the raid didn't go much better, tanks kept dieing and needing to be brezed and everytime a tank died the mob would go right to me.

On madness, 2nd platform, MT dies, I die almost instantly after, MT gets Brezed (gotta have tanks) I lay there for the rest of the fight.

and per recount I'm top DPS on all but spine, and even there I'm not far down (dumb Spreist kept killing coruptions) so we had to keep killing amalgs.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix

Premium Member

BTW I've some to expect the following
no matter what other's recount says if mine shows that I'm top DPS by more than a small amount then it'll be a fail group.

As I said in DS10 last night I was top and the next one was atleast 5k lower.

In LFR me and about 2-3 people were close in DPS but after that it went way down.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

If you're top dps, you automatically assume it's a fail group? Nice.

I recently started playing my mage again. Picked back up at ILVL 374. did some heroics with my wife's Spriest got some HoT gear and VP/JP. gemmed/enchanted.

Arcane has always been boring to me. Played around with fire. Got the hang of it and jumped in LFR. Boss fights and overall dps meters showed I was at the #5 or #6 spot. Okay pretty good, I can see myself in the Recount without scrolling down. No....I have to max this little mage out!

Play some more HoTs get a couple more pieces. Reforge, gem/enchant.

a casual guild i sat my mage in decided to do a fresh DS and they were looking for a ranged dps. i had nothing else going on and haven't raided in about 3 weeks. i volunteer. after all, i managed to get to ILVL 381.

Pretty smooth run. 1 shot almost everything except spine and madness. got another title and i was overall #3 in the 10m normal and 3-4 on per boss.

30% nerf...