share rss forum feed

Hitman66610
Pan-National Aquisitioner
Premium
join:2010-01-08
Oakville, ON
reply to Serbtastic

Re: [Windows] Cannot get network shares working with Boxee Box

The devices which connect to the Linksys router had limited connectivity when I switched the cable over to the LAN port.

The devices connected to the D-Link router have IP addresses in the 192.168.0.xxx range, and the devices connected to the Linksys are 192.168.1.xxx. Those correspond with the IP addresses of the routers themselves, which are 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 respectively.
--
Xbox Gamertag: THE GREEN GH0ST

bdnhsv

join:2012-01-20
Huntsville, AL

turn off dhcp in your linksys and allow the drink to provide it for all your devices. You've have 2 separate networks running, but what you want is 1.

bdnhsv

Huntsville, AL

dlink - darned auto correct.

Hitman66610
Premium
Oakville, ON
reply to bdnhsv

Will that cause any problems using things like TightVNC? Since theoretically, this computer and the other computer I use TightVNC on will have the same IP address.
--
Xbox Gamertag: THE GREEN GH0ST

bdnhsv

Huntsville, AL

If all your computers are getting IP's via DHCP then they won't have the same IP's. If you have set them statically, then you'll have to re-address the ones with static IP's in the 192.168.1.x scope. How many devices do you have in your network and what is your subnet mask (255.255.255.0) ? And I'd still connect the routers via LAN ports on each one (not the internet port on one to a LAN port on the other).

Hitman66610
Premium
Oakville, ON

So I turned the DHCP off on my Linksys router, and it confused my computers into thinking I was on a public network or something. I also got some random weird IP address on my computers.

Would it work if I changed the Linksys router to be within the range of the D-Link router? As in change the IP of the Linksys router itself so all of the IPs are in the same range? That way I can still manage my static IPs (I just add a zero instead of a 1 to the ones on the Linksys router).

And my subnet mask is for the D-Link router is 255.255.255.224, and it's 255.255.255.0 for the Linksys router. I have 3 computers, an iPhone and other random stuff connecting through wireless (the Linksys router). I have two gaming consoles and my Boxee Box connected wired to the D-Link router.