spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dwc

join:2012-07-25
San Jose, CA

Legacy DSL available in forced-uVerse areas?

Hi all,

I live in San Jose. I received notification that my current AT&T ADSL is going to be switched to uVerse. I am a little leery of uVerse and am thinking of switching to Sonic's adsl (non-fusion, as I am behind an RTI).

I believe I've read that Fusion involves physically rewiring to Sonic-owned equipment, which I take to mean that (also because my POTS line will remain connected to AT&T) the Sonic ADSL remains on AT&T hardware.

My concern is that if I go through the effort to switch to Sonic, that 2 months down the road, AT&T will remove the hardware or support for this from the CO (or the RT, etc.) and that I will be forced to switch again. (I am connected to SNJSCA18 if it helps)

Is anyone in a previous forced-to-uVerse area that has traditional ADSL (non-Fusion) from sonic that had issues? Or alternatively, in an area that was already forced-to-uVerse, able to order new ADSL service with Sonic AFTER?

Thanks for your help.

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:9

Some areas where AT&T is now only offering U-Verse have been closed out to us for new AT&T DSL customers - so, get it while you can!

-Dane

dwc

join:2012-07-25
San Jose, CA

Hi Dane,

Have you been able to continue providing service to customers in areas that have been forced to uVerse?

Thanks.