Pan-National Aquisitioner
Premium Member
join:2010-01-08
Oakville, ON

Hitman66610 to bdnhsv

Premium Member

to bdnhsv

Re: [Windows] Cannot get network shares working with Boxee Box

Will that cause any problems using things like TightVNC? Since theoretically, this computer and the other computer I use TightVNC on will have the same IP address.

bdnhsv
join:2012-01-20
Huntsville, AL

bdnhsv

If all your computers are getting IP's via DHCP then they won't have the same IP's. If you have set them statically, then you'll have to re-address the ones with static IP's in the 192.168.1.x scope. How many devices do you have in your network and what is your subnet mask (255.255.255.0) ? And I'd still connect the routers via LAN ports on each one (not the internet port on one to a LAN port on the other).

Hitman66610
Pan-National Aquisitioner
Premium Member
join:2010-01-08
Oakville, ON

Hitman66610

Premium Member

So I turned the DHCP off on my Linksys router, and it confused my computers into thinking I was on a public network or something. I also got some random weird IP address on my computers.

Would it work if I changed the Linksys router to be within the range of the D-Link router? As in change the IP of the Linksys router itself so all of the IPs are in the same range? That way I can still manage my static IPs (I just add a zero instead of a 1 to the ones on the Linksys router).

And my subnet mask is for the D-Link router is 255.255.255.224, and it's 255.255.255.0 for the Linksys router. I have 3 computers, an iPhone and other random stuff connecting through wireless (the Linksys router). I have two gaming consoles and my Boxee Box connected wired to the D-Link router.