spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

codyyy

@embarqhsd.net

[Embarq] i need help setting up westell 7500

i just got this modem today and its alot different from my old modem. i need some help on how to bridge this modem and also how do you check for firmware updates on this modem?

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
Did it come with a manual?

»webtopicture.com/embarq/embarq-m ··· ual.html

»qwest.centurylink.com/internethe ··· 500.html
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

WeCo890

join:2005-09-09
Santa Rosa, CA
reply to codyyy
On the newer 7500's you have to access the modem while it is doing the Auto-Detect and hit the cancel radio button. The Gateway IP should be 10.0.0.1. Once that cancel button is hit it goes to the manual configuration screen where you can then set it to bridge mode by VPI/VCI. If it completes the auto-detect before you are able to stop it, you will need to push the reset button in the back to start the process over. Best way to buy yourself more time is to not plug in the telephone cord at first. You'll need to know the VPI/VCI they are using for modems in your area. In legacy CenturyTel it is 8/35, legacy Qwest I believe is 0/32, not sure what they used in legacy Embarq areas.

codyyy

@embarqhsd.net
reply to Irish Shark
no it did not come with a manual and also i could not find a Manual on any of those links?

WeCo890

Santa Rosa, CA
reply to codyyy
Try this link for the manual. I bet you have an A90-750022 model as that is what I have stocked for installs, but the 750014 is the previous CenturyLink 7500 and the firmware is identical as far as I've seen.

»www.westell.com/support/versalin ··· 50014-07

codyyy

@embarqhsd.net
thanx mnkrause i got it bridged and my vpi/vci was automatically set at 8/35 and yes you got the model right. and also is there anyway to access the modem while its bridged?

WeCo890

Santa Rosa, CA
reply to codyyy
i think you can still get to it via 10.0.0.1. I'm not 100% sure as I don't put any 7500's in bridge mode since it is an all in one router. I have put many 6100's and Zyxel 660R's in bridge and you could still hit the modem page via the gateway IP. It might also depend on what router you are putting behind it and how you have it setup.