uniqs

warlock56
Premium Member
join:2002-07-31
Dallas, TX

warlock56

Premium Member

[TWC] Woke up this morning to unbonded downstream

So I thought I'd post and see if anyone else in the local area noticed a change in their service too. I'm just trying to figure out if TWC is provisioning my node differently or if they are doing this all over the area preparing to upgrade service soon.

I have just the basic 10/1 package and I suspect that's why I'm no longer on a bonded downstream. I used to bond to 4 streams down, now I'm just on one. They moved me to a higher channel frequency on both the down and upstreams. No drop in quality of service; I'm still getting my full bandwidth and there are no issues at all.

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else had something similar happen.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

DocDrew

Premium Member

Do you have an Arris EMTA?

warlock56
Premium Member
Dallas, TX

warlock56

Premium Member

No, i have the Motorola SB6141.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

Have you restarted the modem?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to warlock56

to warlock56
said by warlock56:

So I thought I'd post and see if anyone else in the local area noticed a change in their service too. I'm just trying to figure out if TWC is provisioning my node differently or if they are doing this all over the area preparing to upgrade service soon.

I have just the basic 10/1 package and I suspect that's why I'm no longer on a bonded downstream. I used to bond to 4 streams down, now I'm just on one. They moved me to a higher channel frequency on both the down and upstreams. No drop in quality of service; I'm still getting my full bandwidth and there are no issues at all.

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else had something similar happen.

there was an upgrade to 6 bonded downstream channels and for some reason they forgot to make the modems automatically reboot into bonding mode when finished with the upgrade.

Just reboot the modem that is what I did last night when they were doing the work.

warlock56
Premium Member
Dallas, TX

warlock56

Premium Member

You're right. I rebooted the modem and I now have 6 downstreams.

I guess they're trying to keep up with Verizon and Comcast.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

said by warlock56:

You're right. I rebooted the modem and I now have 6 downstreams.

I guess they're trying to keep up with Verizon and Comcast.

It won't necessarily mean more speed. It just means the speed is spread across a broader spectrum.
bmilford
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Frisco, TX

bmilford

Premium Member

Same thing here in Frisco. Rebooted modem and all is well.