Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elkido122

join:2011-02-23
Folsom, CA

1 edit

[IPv6] Comcast IPv6 CPE Dual Stack (CPE and CPEP) Question

how come when i run mine i only get 7/10 on both? i have 6to4 currently running on my router until native is released in my area. i used to get 10/10 on both

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 edit

Re: [IPv6] Evidence of Comcast IPv6 CPE Dual Stack (CPE and CPEP

said by elkido122:

how come when i run mine i only get 7/10 on both? i have 6to4 currently running on my router until native is released in my area. i used to get 10/10 on both

Are you running this test: »test-ipv6.comcast.net/

Or are you running this test: »test-ipv6.com/

The test-ipv6.com test will give you 7/10 if you are using 6to4 simply because 6to4 is less efficient than a native IPv6 implementation. The Comcast test does not make that distinction (possibly because they don't want to admit that their native dual stack implementation is not as widespread as they would like everyone to believe).

Here are samples of the two different (but somewhat similar looking) tests:

Comcast ipv6 test results

test-ipv6.com results

--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

elkido122

join:2011-02-23
Folsom, CA

yea i ran comcast and now got 10/10. i just dont understand whats going on with the cisco cmts' there behind on ipv6 due to some codes or something. really sucks

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

said by elkido122:

yea i ran comcast and now got 10/10. i just dont understand whats going on with the cisco cmts' there behind on ipv6 due to some codes or something. really sucks

Yes it sucks, and so does waiting for them to get operational IPv6 firmware for the business class SMCD3G-CCR gateway, but I prefer to wait instead of having them just pretend that it works and totally screw up my connection (like what happened with their first attempt at IPv6 firmware for the SMCD3G-CCR gateway a couple of months ago).
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

derekivey

join:2006-03-30
San Jose, CA
kudos:1

I'm waiting for that too! I wish they would hurry up and roll it out to business class customers.

bgoodbody
Bill G

join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA
reply to elkido122

Re: [IPv6] Comcast IPv6 CPE Dual Stack (CPE and CPEP) Question

If you are using 6 to 4 Tunnel it is because IPV6 hasn't been fully rolled out in your area and also you must be on a supported Router is you are using one.
mydeviceinfo.comcast.com (Blue Banner)
--
- Bill

spelchkr

@comcast.net

said by bgoodbody:

mydeviceinfo.comcast.com (Blue Banner)

»mydeviceinfo.comcast.net