haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

[iPhone] iPhone5 possible delay

quote:
Apple to postpone iPhone 5 amid undersupply of 28nm chips
Staff Reporter 2012-07-26 15:33 (GMT+8)

Apple is set to postpone the debut of its iPhone 5 because high-end chips used in the device are in short supply, reports the Shanghai-based First Financial Daily.

The newest generation of the iPhone uses chips manufactured using 28-nanometer fabrication, an advanced production technology known only to a few companies, said Gu Wenjun, an analyst with market research firm iSuppli...
»www.wantchinatimes.com/n ··· CatID=12

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm on the 3GS and I think I can only last until end of October before I need to upgrade to something faster, better, nicer.

Post Op
Premium Member
join:2001-11-06
inside out

Post Op to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
Might as well wait until December 22nd.

MEDIAN2k3
Your Ad Here
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Howard Beach, NY

MEDIAN2k3 to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
F.M.L

rjackal
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Plymouth, MI

rjackal to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
Apple can't postpone what hasn't been announced.
And since when is "First Financial Daily" a reputable source of Apple product news?

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
said by Robert:

I'm on the 3GS and I think I can only last until end of October before I need to upgrade to something faster, better, nicer.

Whatever the current rumors say, my wife is in the same boat and she complains ENDLESSLY about her old 3GS. She almost broke down and got a 4S a couple months ago but I encouraged her to wait.

Some days I wish I hadn't... :P

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by banditws6:

said by Robert:

Whatever the current rumors say, my wife is in the same boat and she complains ENDLESSLY about her old 3GS. She almost broke down and got a 4S a couple months ago but I encouraged her to wait.

Yes, I almost broke down and bought the iPhone 4 or 4S recently. tempting, but I've come this far, but I can't wait until Q1 2013. No way, no how!

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26

Premium Member

said by Robert:

said by banditws6:

said by Robert:

Yes, I almost broke down and bought the iPhone 4 or 4S recently. tempting, but I've come this far, but I can't wait until Q1 2013. No way, no how!

Q1 2013 thats too long ! Im up for upgrade Nov 2012 and this iPhone 4 is getting old !

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
As long as we see it before the holidays...

aggiejy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Wimberley, TX

aggiejy to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
I wouldn't put much stock in those supply chain rumors. They usually end up a bit off.

MEDIAN2k3
Your Ad Here
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Howard Beach, NY

MEDIAN2k3 to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
I have already sold my 4 in anticipation of the 5 no way I'm sticking with this old pos blackberry until 2013! HTC will get my money if apple can't deliver by oct.

Teasip
join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Teasip to haroldo

to haroldo
I'm still with an 8GB 3G iPhone. Planning on getting three of the new iPhones at Christmas since the family is out of contract. I'm tired of lugging around the iPhone but I need the apps for work (medicine). May have to go back to an old Samsung flip phone and use an iPad for work.

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
no way in hell Apple lets the iPhone 5 go pass October without being launched. They may not be able to keep up with demand until the end of the year, but they will release it.

Retired6
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Earth

Retired6 to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
No problem.

As long as i have mine before 2013.

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA

bobrk to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
How can they postpone the debut of something they haven't announced yet?