Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
reply to Bob4

Re: All digital in Hidson County NJ

IIRC, the only places where they don't charge the "additional outlet fee" is in areas where broadcast basic is encrypted...which are the Bronx and Brooklyn.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
The fee is charged in all regions. If you only had a single box prior to the free boxes, you can call CV and ask if they can waive the fee. When they did my area they would waive the fee for people that had one box only, but 0 or 2+ would have the fee (because in the case of 2+ they either had the fee already).

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by frdrizzt:

If you only had a single box prior to the free boxes, you can call CV and ask if they can waive the fee.

I had one box, and got two of the "free" ones. Maybe I'll call. $18 (the total extra charge for one year) is still $18.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to frdrizzt
said by frdrizzt:

If you only had a single box prior to the free boxes, you can call CV and ask if they can waive the fee.

I called, and the representative refused to waive the fee. There was a survey at the end of the call, so I gave the representative 'poor' scores for every question. So the representative got poor grades over a $1.50/month charge. What a way to run a company. Piss off your customers and your employees!

Another bogus fee from Cablevision. And deception on their part saying the boxes would be free. Only in Cablevision's world is $1.50/month = 'free'.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
I didn't say they could, just that it used to be part of the promo when they started rolling it out. They didn't give quite as many boxes as they do free now, so obviously some details have changed.

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ
Even with the $1.50 charge it is a good promo because you can get unlimited free boxes for one year. I tried to see what channels are available without the box and all the 2.0, 4.0 channels have a message to call CV. The digital channels - 2.1, 4.1, etc are all there and look much better then using a box.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by rick0204:

Even with the $1.50 charge it is a good promo because you can get unlimited free boxes for one year.

Boxes that I didn't used to need! So how is charging me $18/year extra with a bullshit fee a good deal?

iknow
Premium
join:2012-03-25
said by Bob4:

said by rick0204:

Even with the $1.50 charge it is a good promo because you can get unlimited free boxes for one year.

Boxes that I didn't used to need! So how is charging me $18/year extra with a bullshit fee a good deal?

it's a good deal for cablevision!. they make an extra $18 a year, so it's a good deal for them. of course, they make a lot more money going all digital, with all the fees they can now charge!.