In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

[Sci-Fi] Lockout Film

The other day I watched the Lockout (2012) film. If you haven't seen it, I recommend you watch it. It's about a riot in a prison built in Space. The main actor, Guy Pearce, is hilarious in the movie.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

azinator
CS is the DEVIL
Premium
join:2000-08-12
New Boston, TX
kudos:1
I thought his one liners where a bit stale :/

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL
said by azinator:

Never!

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to azinator
said by azinator:

Me too but it was a fairly good movie overall.

urmom
Premium
join:2010-10-18
Pittsburg, KS
reply to Rob
If Guy Pearce is in it, I'm all over it. I loved him in Ravenous.

azinator
CS is the DEVIL
Premium
join:2000-08-12
New Boston, TX
reply to Octavean
It was a good movie...just the comedy seemed out of place.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

1 recommendation

said by azinator:

It was a good movie...just the comedy seemed out of place.

I agree,…

The comedy seemed to be designed to appeal to a younger audience IMO because it came off a little juvenile. The dynamic between the male and female lead also came off somewhat juvenile as well.

The way he was being beaten in that interrogation room he should have been spitting blood, losing teeth, had a dislocated jaw, a fractured eye socket and so on. But no basically not a mark on him and he comes back with a quasi witty retort when by all rights he should have had some trouble speaking at all,….assuming he should have even been conscious.

That’s “Super Dave” like shenanigans,…..

All in good fun though,…

The action is where its at

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
reply to Rob
It was enjoyable to watch but Fortress (and fortress 2 which takes place in space) was far better.

Kosh
We are all Kosh
Premium
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum
reply to Rob
It's pretty much Demolition Man + The Rock....in SPACE! (echo..space...space...space...)

DMWCincy

join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH

1 recommendation

said by Kosh:

It's pretty much Demolition Man + The Rock....in SPACE! (echo..space...space...space...)

Interesting, I always got the feeling of Escape from NY based on the trailers so I decided to pass on it. Guess I'll give it a try.

lotusracer
Premium
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL
reply to Rob
I saw it in the theater, found it entertaining... well worth the $5 I paid to see it
--
Humanity - The greatest natural disaster of all time.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to DMWCincy
Yeah, when watching it, the movie did remind me a bit of Escape From New York. I don't think of that as a bad thing,...

Kosh
We are all Kosh
Premium
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Octavean
I enjoyed it as an action film with the look of a sci-fi film, in some ways it seemed they were trying to outdo the Stargate series with the humorous protagonist. I think it could have been helped if they reduced the humor:drama ratio downward a bit.
--
"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." - John Trudell

DMWCincy

join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH
reply to Octavean
said by Octavean:

Yeah, when watching it, the movie did remind me a bit of Escape From New York. I don't think of that as a bad thing,...

Fan of Escape from NY. Not the issue. I just hate seeing stories that are obvious rip offs. If this is not then i'll take a look

SRFireside

join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX
reply to Octavean
said by Octavean:

...the movie did remind me a bit of Escape From New York.

You hit the nail right on the head. Aloof anti-hero forced into mission in special penal scenario. President's daughter in trouble. Secret data vital to important people. I felt the movie was a been there/done that. Luc Besson has done much better.

advanticsys1

join:2012-07-28
reply to Rob
I loved this fun thriller, especially Guy Pearce as a wise-cracking agent sent to rescue the President's daughter from outer-space prison, where she's been making a charity visit.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by advanticsys1:

I loved this fun thriller, especially Guy Pearce as a wise-cracking agent sent to rescue the President's daughter from outer-space prison, where she's been making a charity visit.

Are you from England?

»www.imdb.com/title/tt1592525/reviews

Someone said the exact same thing on IMDB.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us