share rss forum feed

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

[MoP] People's plans for MOP launch

I was thinking it might be cool to put togather some groups to run the dungeons right off the bat.

what are ya'll planning?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
dont know if i will have it right when it comes out. thats back to school and saving for the kids winter clothes time, usually these things drop more towards the holidays and i can buy it, i may have to wait and see.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
I know for Cata me and a long time wow friend partied up and ran dungeons till we started getting bad players more offten. (a full premade would have been better) and we were up from launch till 8am

then quested for awhile till we could do the next dungeon, rinse/repeat.

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to DarkLogix
Well my current guild leader just decided to take a break or quit for now. He passed over the guild to myself . It was 3 of us that started it together anyway, so I was already running most of it. But we hope to continue to be a competitive raiding guild come MoP, so we are going to start raiding asap as soon as we lvl up. On that note, we are looking for a good restro/ele shaman and a good caster DPS for our core if anyone happens to be interested. We play horde on Deathwing server. We are pretty active, we always do things together. When we are not raiding we do a lot of premade BGs and arena with each other.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
your advertizment sounded good till the part about horde.

though once my priest is leveled up depending on how well I can play a priest I'll likely move it to another server and faction change wouldn't be out of the question for the priest. (though currently I had been planing for the pries to be disc/holy)

so what are your raid times?

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
We could use a shadow priest. We will raid tues/wed/thur
8-11 eastern. Maybe not on wed depending on content.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
If only I could get home by that time, normally I don't get home till 8:30-9:30 cst (so 9:30-10:30 est)

I think I might have found a guild that has raid times I like and are good raiders, they raid at 10:30est so the only thing stoping me from joining is I want the reg achev for guild rep (missed out because it wasn't in the game when I maxed guild rep in an old guild)

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to DarkLogix
If I can, I'll do what I did for Wrath launch. I did 25 dailies before the servers went down, and turned them in once they came up. Then 5 of us from my guild ran the first two dungeons for about 6 hours then went to Hyjal to quest there until we passed out.

Not sure what my current guild will do at launch, if anything.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Ya for cata I did all the argent dailies and some other dailies and then turned them in first thing in cata, then flew around to discover all the instance portals (you know because you had to discover them)

then me and a friend (on his tank) did some chain dungeons.

then went off to vash'ir

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

1 edit
reply to DarkLogix
I have been taking a break since April, so I will reactivate my account when ever 5.0 starts and starting making sure our 10 man raid spots are secure. I will surely need to recruit some replacements.

Shamless plug.

"Oblivious" Arthas:Horde 10 man heroic raiding guild. Raid 2 nights, Sat/Sun 9pm-12am EST. We are half way between hardcore and casual. We get heroic progression down at our own pace and enjoy seeing our progession vs other guilds. We are a low stress laid back mature guild that still gets the job done and have been together since April 2010. www.obliviousguild.guildlaunch.com

*No loot whores or drama queens need apply.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Hay let me know when and other info so I can send you a scroll of rez. (you might geta free 80 outa it, if that bonus is still available)

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to DarkLogix
i'm planning to be on vacation from work, to disconnect my phone, to stock my mini-fridge in my man cave... wait, buy a mini-fridge for my man cave, stock it, buy/acquire a bedpan/5 gal. bucket, keep recuperate up and go lvling
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to DarkLogix
If the Black Market turns out to be a ploy to enter Real Money into WOW like Diablo III's failed attempt with RMAH and the fact it is sucking the life out of Diablo III and the GMAH. Then I will not stick around to watch them kill WOW.

I will uninstall and move on. No easier way to drop a habit cold turkey, when the company pisses a person off so bad as to help them quit their product.

This is how I plan to address MOP. Sure I will play but will be watching it's patches and notes for asshattery on the Developers part.

(YoumadBro?.jpg....Hemadwatchthehellout.jpg.....YeahImadIsomaditmakemecrazy.jpg)

RageQuitQQOMGwtfbbq.jpg

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
In truth I will buy MOP. But my plans are non existent. I sit on the edge of my seat for Diablo III only to get disappointed by some critical game design errors (In my opinion). So I will not do the same again. The errors I feel are this.
1) No Offline Mode (I know this was by design and planned but still I do not feel it was justified 100% I do agree DRM is needed for such a game as it protects the community,but they could have end run this by making it so that Character on Offline Mode stay in Offline Mode (and their loot to)

2) Beta only ran to Lvl 13 or so. 60 levels and Hell and Inferno was not Beta Tested properly.

3) Inferno mode kicked in the Retard Thrusters on difficulty. Normal/Nightmare and Hell should have had a steeper incline in difficulty so that Hell end gears were viable in Inferno Act I.

I will stop there (there are a few more) but this is the WOW forums not the General Games forum or Blizzard forum LOL.

Mop looked Ok when I played Beta. I stopped at lvl 87 due to wanting to keep content as New and Fresh as possible. I currently have 7 lvl 85's to run thru MOP so I do NOT want early Burn out in that aspect.

I am worried about the so called Black Market AH. Very worried that Blizzard is gonna pull another cash grab on their Real Money services.

A non emous

@verizon.net
I'm personally planning on getting a few hours of Error 37.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to Tweakbl
said by Tweakbl:

but they could have end run this by making it so that Character on Offline Mode stay in Offline Mode (and their loot to)

I don't think it's the fake loot, but the millions of unpaid copies of D2. Forcing people to play online is their way of making sure every copy is paid.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by puppy:

said by Tweakbl:

but they could have end run this by making it so that Character on Offline Mode stay in Offline Mode (and their loot to)

I don't think it's the fake loot, but the millions of unpaid copies of D2. Forcing people to play online is their way of making sure every copy is paid.

They could have just required a once a month connection.

Have it generate a code based on items that uniquely ID the system (MAC address/CD Key/some other stuff) then hash that into a code that's logged with blizz and set to expire in say 1 month. Maybe add in a bit of public key crypto.

then have that renew every time you connect to Bnet (maybe have it be a SSL cert signed by a Blizz CA)

then if you launch the game and it can't validate that the cert is there it just doesn't open or says you need to connect to Bnet

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to A non emous
Dislike. This isn't Diablo 3.

Cata was really stable, I was impressed.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
said by JB:

Dislike. This isn't Diablo 3.

Cata was really stable, I was impressed.

Yeah, but I still wouldn't trust Blizzard to have it 100% perfect on launch. I bought my pre-order today, I'll pick it up on the 25th. I might take that Friday off, but not before.
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
I'll probably burn 2 or 3 days vacation time so I can spend time in a chat room with a really nice GUI.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
reply to DarkLogix
I'll be ashamedly purchasing the Collector's Edition on release day from Fry's. I wish I knew why I was plunking down the cash...but yeah, I'm probably going to do it.

I might ride the temporary wave of people renewing, or do it later, not sure. I just know I have a good amount of time left on my Annual Pass.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
reply to DarkLogix
1. Taking 4 days vacation for the release week.
2. Buying digital edtions for all accounts. (3 total)
3. Already upgraded my video card and the other two computers video cards already.
a. I got a 6870 2G card.
b. Wife got my GTX 460 1G 256bit card
c. Son got the wife's 6770 1G card
4. Prepping mini fridge in computer room with drinks and snacks for massive leveling party.
5. Getting a new comfy chair in September as well!!!

I plan on leveling my prot pally first followed by either the DK or the warrior then my druid then my other pally tank .

Probably will roll a monk in there as well and sprinkle in some playtime on that too.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to JB
I thought of something the other day
Ok we all know the strat of do 25 dailies and then turn them in all at once on launch day to quickly got some XP.

But here's another idea that could be done in addition.

gather 200 of each race's archeology fragments and a bunch of the +12 items, then complete as many of them as possible on launch day to get some XP

I would do it but archeology is crazy boring, though I am leveling it.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
Sucks this shit always drops on a Tuesday. I'll be hardly sleeping while playing all night in hopes of hitting 90 by the end of the week.

I can't burn any leave since I am moving to Japan at the end of the year, and I'm already taking some special liberty the next weekend for the UGA/USC game + my birthday.

I'll probably do like last xpac and level at an average rate, yet still be ready to raid with everyone else.
--
McBrain#1558 - Barbarian/Monk

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

1 edit
I'll likely do 20-24 quests and hold them and then turn them all in as soon as my XP bar is back.
I can't do 25 because I still have the staff quest and don't want to lose it.

a little OT rant
Speaking of which I'm kinda ticked, the group that had been doing FL25 opted to switch to FL10H because the ones that were important to the RL had moved past the items that had a different drop rate between the two. and if I get into the 10H run it'll take awhile to get the stuff I need but I don't want to RL. And here I was thinking I'd have the staff a little after the MOP launch

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

I thought of something the other day
Ok we all know the strat of do 25 dailies and then turn them in all at once on launch day to quickly got some XP.

But here's another idea that could be done in addition.

gather 200 of each race's archeology fragments and a bunch of the +12 items, then complete as many of them as possible on launch day to get some XP

I would do it but archeology is crazy boring, though I am leveling it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but "old" archaeology fragments won't skill up beyond 525, they have to be the new MoP ones.

At least this happened on beta, and maybe making it live..

Worry not, you can gather tons of fragments in one MoP site (9 digs plus a chance of a monster spawn that drops more)

Only issue here is mobs hitting you in the back while doing it, they'll be 85-90...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Ya I won't be leveling archaeology in MoP zones till I hit 90 atleast

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
reply to DarkLogix
In the last couple of expansion, they made quests from the previous expansions give 1/10th the experience to people at or over the level cap of the previous expansions.

Same thing people planned to aoe grind in Icecrown mobs when Cata hit, but when they found out they get 1/10th the exp per kill, it just was not worth it.

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
kudos:1
reply to DarkLogix
Dark Logic, worst grammer from any wow poster besides DA. Post so much sh!t about Cata and what he is going to do. Cata comes out and he disappears. Now MoP is about to come out, he talks a big game again . So why did you not post and tell your shit during Cata? Going to do it again in MoP?

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to DarkLogix
Yeah best ting for archy is to wait until 90, learn to fly and then let it rip, in beta I only did some digs that where on the quest zone I was in