spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Beef7

join:2012-05-16
kudos:1

What should I be doing in prep for MoP launch?

Maxing out honor?

Maxing out gold?

Maxing out professions? Which ones?

Leveling as many alts as possible?

Gathering resources for leveling new professions?

Hording certain resources in expectation of AH prices going up?

What is a waste of time at this point, and what should be priority with MoP coming very soon?

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
Depends on what your goals are. Are you a progression raider? Are you a casual player? Are you a pvper?. I personally would make sure your professions are maxed out, if you want to buy the yak then make sure you have enough gold for it, and other then that try to get the best PVE gear that you can obtain now. It will make the first few levels go faster. But it really depends on what you like to do. If you like pets/mounts then you should farm for those. Maybe farm transmog sets?

Beef7

reply to Beef7
Personally my focus is PvP. But I'm sure honor wipes at MoP launch

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM
reply to Beef7
Every expansion there will be tons of new toons, so stock up and sell low level mats, chants, etc.

Don't bother with high end much as those are typically worthless at the start of an expansion.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Beef7
max profs, stock on mid level mats i.e. TBC and Wrath, ore and herbs to be exact dont worry too much about enchanting mats, Frostweave and Embersilk would be good, dont go out of you way to stock the cloth but it will sell pretty well, get a friendly chemist or yourself to make pot of treasure finding and go to TB and kill the ghosts best way for Embers
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31
reply to Beef7
Personally, I'll be playing more Beta to get familiar with the different encounters.

Live side I'm pretty well set. Been stocking lowbie cloths, mid range ore, and have a full set of the mats needed to do 1-525 Alchemy in a bank that I'll probably try and sell off right at the jump of MoP.

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31
reply to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

max profs, stock on mid level mats i.e. TBC and Wrath, ore and herbs to be exact dont worry too much about enchanting mats, Frostweave and Embersilk would be good, dont go out of you way to stock the cloth but it will sell pretty well, get a friendly chemist or yourself to make pot of treasure finding and go to TB and kill the ghosts best way for Embers

I didn't think Treasure Finding potions worked in TB?

All this time I've been grinding the dailies there not using potions because I didn't want to waste them.

Vinceruos_t

reply to Beef7
Honor and justice points do not get wiped. I remember specifically capping honor and justice points on my druid at lvl 80 for cata. As soon as I hit 85 I bought 2 pieces of honor gear and 2 pieces of justice gear. So it would be a good idea to cap honor and justice points. All remaining conquest and valor points will be converted to honor and justice points though. Another good idea is to have a full quest log of completed daily quests to turn in as soon as MoP hits. It is worth almost half a lvl.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
I would assume the points will do as they do for patches.

VP gets downgraded to JP
Conquest down to honor

and maybe they'll do a soft cap to allow you to have over the cap for a short time, ie if VP+JP=more than 4k then you have that much but can't earn more till you get below 4k. that'd be nice.

but if they do that be aware, in the guild I was in at cata start one of the officers never listened and have over 16k JP then bam lost all but 4k because she didn't spend it like we told her to.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Beef7
I have already put together a full dps BoA set for a monk; helm, cloak, shoulders, chest, 2x 1H maces, 2x haste trinkets and even got the ring 2 weeks ago from the walrus fishing tourney. I'm thinking I might wait until my guild gets all proffs to 600 for the BoA legs before I start a monk.

My bank toon has enough ores and herbs to get 1 alchy and 1 BS to at least 500, and I have a a tab filled with stacks of wool, frostweave, embersilk and some rune cloth. Most of this is to probably make my monk an alchemist and get its FA going.

Plus another tab half filled with other random vanilla/BC/Wrath mats. I've started collecting lower and mid level BoE gear that isn't covered by BoA's to either use myself or post on the AH to sell to people's new monks and other panda classes. Most of this has come from doing rep grinds, so I'm out killing stuff anyway.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to Beef7
My biggest thing is to figure out which toon will be my main. I have all but a mage, shaman and lock at least to 70.
--
I am stating my opinion. Obviously you don't like it. Honestly, I don't care.

Beef7

that is my biggest problem as well, who will be my main?

esp with skill tree changes, hard to determine who to invest the time in

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
reply to Beef7
Get 20k Blackfallow Ink to stay ahead of the game in glyph walling the new glyphs.

Farm Frostweave Cloth for quick easy sells at NLT 65g/stack.

Move money on the AH. Buy low/sell high.
--
Good evening!

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
reply to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

Another good idea is to have a full quest log of completed daily quests to turn in as soon as MoP hits. It is worth almost half a lvl.

That is a pretty good idea actually...and you don't usually have those.
--
Good evening!

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to Beef7
Can't believe people are forgetting the basics here.

Easy to make food, caffeine, planning your time off, upgrading your machine, etc...
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Beef7

should I download more ram?

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
reply to JB
said by JB:

Easy to make food, caffeine, planning your time off, upgrading your machine, etc...

Reread OPs post. You're way off course.
--
Good evening!

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
reply to Beef7
said by Beef7:

I have the mount on 3 toons.
--
Good evening!

Beef7

said by mettachain:

said by Beef7:

I have the mount on 3 toons.

+1

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to mettachain
said by mettachain:

Get 20k Blackfallow Ink to stay ahead of the game in glyph walling the new glyphs.

Actually Blackfallow won't be the top end ink so I assume you won't be able to trade down for the rest. I went ahead and stocked like 100-200 of each of the ink types so I can be assured I can make all the glyphs.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Why wouldn't you be able to trade down blackfallow ink...at least up until the first major patch after MoP launch?
--
Good evening!

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to JB
said by JB:

I was going with the in game stuff like Beef mentioned. Figured a person's own stamina, sleep requirements, liking of the game and dietary needs would dictate their plans for all that.

For me, I prefer 5 hour energy or Bing for caffeine. For snacks I'm thinking some red and green tamales I can microwave, beef jerky, dried bananas and apricots and some bottled water. Dinner I will have to log and eat, and likely prepare a few of the nights. Time off is already asked for and approved, and I don't really think I need to update my rig for this.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to Beef7
farm ores and herbs is a given. lots of new characters most of them alts of people with way more gold than a person should be allowed to keep to themselves... Sell high. XD
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Beef7

reply to bTU
poopsock as well?

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
reply to Beef7
I would want to research my class and the PvE content.

Is there a current patch notes for either beta or test realm 5.0 or 5.1?

I haven't really kept up with the changes since april and need to find some way to get caught up.

Vinceruos_t

reply to Beef7
Another thing you need to have is keybinds to interact with the quest givers. There are always assshats that like to completely cover the quest givers. Make a keybind to target nearest friendly NPC and another keybind to interact with NPC. Will make life easier.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Can you give more info to assist in locating the setting?
how far down is it in the list?
whats the exact name of each of those?

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to Threatco
said by Threatco:

I haven't really kept up with the changes since april and need to find some way to get caught up.

I am hoping though with the new MoP talent trees the one thing we do not have to do is look up a cookie cutter talent build. That said I bet some abilities in the new one will suit raiding better than others even utility wise.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by Kearnstd:

said by Threatco:

I am hoping though with the new MoP talent trees the one thing we do not have to do is look up a cookie cutter talent build. That said I bet some abilities in the new one will suit raiding better than others even utility wise.

Have you seen the new trees?

each talent tier you pick one of three, you will be picking the same because it'll be obvious what you should get.

Vinceruos_t