All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast to Kilroy

to Kilroy

Re: What is the current best DPS Rogue spec

Please dont trash talk a Tank, it really is annoying how dps will do that so much. if YOU think YOU can do better, then YOU should roll a tank and be the tank.

I play dps, heals and tanks, and as a healer or tank nothing annoys me more then DPS making comments on how they can do better as a tank. so one more time...

If YOU think YOU can do better as a tank, YOU be the tank!
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

lol, Kilroy is a tank, that is why it bothers him so. i know the feeling.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to Jodokast

to Jodokast
You say that like you get comments all the time about how bad you are. Maybe its because you really are bad? I know when I tank I never hear anything negative

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

1 recommendation

stvnbrs to Jodokast

Premium Member

to Jodokast
said by Jodokast:

Not trying to advocate player bullying, but many players may have one or several tank toons and felt like going DPS. Rude is never acceptable, but tanks should also show the same respect. If there is advice given in either direction, a polite approach will typically garner better results than typical group banter, and just may be for the better of the group.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Jodokast

to Jodokast
said by Jodokast:

Please dont trash talk a Tank, it really is annoying how dps will do that so much. if YOU think YOU can do better, then YOU should roll a tank and be the tank.

I play dps, heals and tanks, and as a healer or tank nothing annoys me more then DPS making comments on how they can do better as a tank. so one more time...

Most tanks are keyboard turning retards who found it too hard to do anything but just stand there and take a hit. They don't care about anything except TWO stats, be it Mastery and Dodge, or Parry and Dodge.

there is no thinking involved. and when they find those wierd heiroglyphs on their keyboard (W,A,S,D) they go nuts and just press to go anywhere.

When I want to just zone out and faceroll, I play a tank. And yes, I tank on EVERY tanking class and outgear your main with my alts.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Jodokast

Premium Member

to Jodokast
said by Jodokast:

Please dont trash talk a Tank

I will happily "trash" LFR tanks when they're ignorant and refusing to take advice. Tanks these days think they're god's because they're in the minority, refusing to take constructive criticism and see it only as "trash talk" - they're only hurting themselves.

No one complains about a good tank. If people are commenting, you're doing it wrong. It really is that simple, sorry.

Know the fight, pull appropriate sized groups - no one QQ's.
Snuffbox

Snuffbox to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

there is no thinking involved. and when they find those wierd heiroglyphs on their keyboard (W,A,S,D) they go nuts and just press to go anywhere.

I disagree.

Tanking takes skill and knowledge.

A bad tank can suffice for LFR. But you instantly recognize a tank that's aware of aggro, watches his healer, picks up new adds, manages cooldowns etc etc... it's not simply button spam in my... humble... opinion.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

said by Snuffbox:

said by mettachain:

I disagree.

Tanking takes skill and knowledge.

A bad tank can suffice for LFR. But you instantly recognize a tank that's aware of aggro, watches his healer, picks up new adds, manages cooldowns etc etc... it's not simply button spam in my... humble... opinion.

QFT. A good tank knows how to position a mob, keep spawns taunted off of healers, when to use their cooldowns, everything you said.

A dungeon/raid is 100% faster and easier with a quality tank, and you can tell the difference usually on the first trash pull.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Jodokast

MVM

to Jodokast
I AM the TANK. That's kind of the problem. This is my eighth Alliance toon that I've geared to Hour of Twilight gear level, iLevel 380 or higher for them. I know I should be doing much more damage. So I don't know how much of it is my main hand iLevel 346 dagger and how much is me. I'm pulling 10K on trash and know I should be doing more. Bosses are more acceptable, but feel I should be doing 12K or better without a lot of effort.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to mettachain

to mettachain
"When I want to just zone out and faceroll, I play a tank. And yes, I tank on EVERY tanking class and outgear your main with my alts."

Just because you are in raid finder gear on a few alts doesnt make you geared :P. Now I can confidently say that MY alts def out gear your main and therefore my epeen is way bigger then yours.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

said by Vinceruos_t:

Just because you are in raid finder gear on a few alts doesnt make you geared :P. Now I can confidently say that MY alts def out gear your main and therefore my epeen is way bigger then yours.

than*

WTB Vinceruos_t's skill cap guide and how be like Dennis Rodman.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
How's spine?

Faceroll ain't it?

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by JB9:

How's spine?

Faceroll ain't it?

Quotation marks.

Pay attention to them.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
that is close to par for sub in a 5 man, remember you arent a great aoe spec, so the loss of dps from packs even ones a boss may spawn is going to be overall lower, muti has fok damage that is way better and com has blade flurry, on stand and deliver fights you should pull away from muti, and be very close to com if not a bit better, with comparable gear.

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Vinceruos_t

MVM

to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

"Now I can confidently say that MY alts def out gear your main and therefore my epeen is way bigger then yours.

It may be, but mine is longer and stronger. How many alts are we talking about? I don't raid, tried but can't find a guild that fits my schedule that is active, that is as good as it gets for not raiding.

Here are my alts. I haven't played the Nazgrel set since before the Hour of Twilight dungeons were available, so that's why they only have the 378 gear. I also have a full time job and attending college, so my playing time isn't as much as I might have. I'm pretty much limited to weekend play.

On Lothar I have:

Meeleenda - Frost Mage - Level 85

Hidra - Marksman Hunter - Level 85

Fineona - Protection Warrior - Level 85

Thrinath - Subtlety Rogue - Level 85

Waif - Affliction Warlock - Level 85

Panedora - Discipline Priest - Level 85

Paindora - Protection Paladin - Level 85

Shareine - Enhancement Shaman - Level 85

Drina - Balance Druid - Level 85

Dreadfull - Unholy Death Knight - Level 85

On Nazgrel I have:

Deliar - Blood Death Knight - Level 85

Plethra - Protection Paladin - Level 85

Magnif - Frost Mage - Level 85

Tifta - Assassination Rogue - Level 85

Fino - Protection Warrior - Level 85

Hillgar - Marksman Hunter - Level 85

Sharine - Enhancement Shaman - Level 85

Walena - Affliction Warlock - Level 85

Drifta - Balance Druid - Level 85

Pairass - Shadow Priest - Level 85

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

2 edits

Snuffbox

Premium Member

That's a lot of 85's... (Edited to appease Cymraeg)
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

Snuff reread his post mate.

oh and you have kinda lost your twat moniker Meta seems to be wearing the tiara.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Cymraeg, I have commented the same as I always have, I'm not sure what you're upset about?

Killjoy knows I've questioned the amount of time he's played before...

Despite what you seem to be insinuating, my goal here has never been to be a forum "twat".
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

not upset, by moniker i was not being insulting, i am aware you not a forum twat but your comments have in the past been twatty, merely all i was reffering to. carry on nothing to see here.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

/hug

I bet you have a kick a$$ NE accent...
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

hehe, sometimes i try to talk like the ppl i work with they laugh at me, my favorite accent in Amer is the southern and in particular the cajun accent, for some reason i smile more when around southern ppl.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to cymraeg

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

Snuff reread his post mate.

oh and you have kinda lost your twat moniker Meta seems to be wearing the tiara.

...and I ride a Quadracorn.

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to cymraeg

MVM

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

for some reason i smile more when around southern ppl.

That's 'cus there's a lot 'Well ain't that quite' moments. Closely followed, 'Hold my beer and watch this'

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

said by Kilroy:

said by cymraeg:

for some reason i smile more when around southern ppl.

That's 'cus there's a lot 'Well ain't that quite' moments. Closely followed, 'Hold my beer and watch this'

dude, you are ignorant

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

/hug

I bet you have a kick a$$ NE accent...

Nebraskans actually don't have much of an accent, one of the reasons many call centers and polling centers can be found here. The central Midwestern accent is basically no accent, generally speaking, and is considered to be the easiest accent to understand.

Insert knowing is half the battle.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

I'm testing my rogue in Pandaria, agreed on Combat, although even with the level 87 growl we are still taking tons of damage, even questing, I died many times on world trash, even using CDs, there too many nasties that travel in groups of 10+ and recuperate seems very nerfed for self heals.

When regular/non-elite mobs hit you for 5K each and you'll have 3 on you, you'll see :P

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

Nebraskans actually don't have much of an accent,

He's not from Nebraska.

Unrelated note: He's also much cooler than you.

The two actually may be related...

Where have you been?

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Oh, I assumed, since NE is the state abbreviation for Nebraska and...you know, living in Dodge.

Anyway, where? Working. New life is demanding.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Adalicia:

Oh, I assumed, since NE is the state abbreviation for Nebraska and...you know, living in Dodge.

If I remember right he's from the UK originally and for some unknown reason, currently resides in Nebraska. Hence, having the coolest NE accent.
said by Adalicia:

Anyway, where? Working. New life is demanding.

Hopefully that's good? You like the job(s)?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

i used to do nuclear plant work, there is a nuclear plant in fort calhoun, near where i live. my wife and i liked the area and decided to move here after that job was done. brief synopsis.