spc
Search similar:

uniqs
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

1 edit

xenophon

TWC response

Will be interesting to see how TWC responds. The areas of KCMO and KCK mentions are all TWC territory. I have TWC and in the area mentioned (midtown KCMO). Will be calling TWC soon and see what they'll offer to keep me (even though I'll dump them anyway).

Edit: TWC and ATT have made statements...
»www.bizjournals.com/kans ··· 12-07-26

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

1 recommendation

IowaMan

Premium Member

Re: TWC response

Do post a screen shot of when you get it. (Living in Iowa with Mediacom)
I'm jealous Maybe they will expand to Des Moines someday

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

Months out before any installs..... At least six weeks to DETERMINE WHERE to install.
said by IowaMan:

90115534 (banned)
Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned) to IowaMan

to IowaMan
said by IowaMan:

Yes please I can't wait to see what TWC does because of google Fiber!

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan to xenophon

Premium Member

to xenophon
You might get lucky (or NOT) and they bump people to a paltry 100Mb/20Mb
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os to xenophon

to xenophon
They're going to have to bring prices down and upgrade the network. Look for KC to become TWC's new test area.

Looking at the channel lineup, it looks like everything is in there except they don't have a deal with FOX or Time Warner yet for their cable networks.

So no TBS, TNT, FX, Cartoon Network, CNN, HLN, Fox News, HBO, Cinemax or FSN for the Royals.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Os:

They're going to have to bring prices down and upgrade the network. Look for KC to become TWC's new test area.

Looking at the channel lineup, it looks like everything is in there except they don't have a deal with FOX or Time Warner yet for their cable networks.

So no TBS, TNT, FX, Cartoon Network, CNN, HLN, Fox News, HBO, Cinemax or FSN for the Royals.

you forgot ESPN and Disney!
xenophon

xenophon to Os

to Os
Googls is still working on the channel lineup, the current list is just for starters. I don't watch sports so don't care.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to xenophon

to xenophon
Is any of this area also covered by Everest...er...SureWest...er...Consolidated?

I half expect Consolidated to sell Google their current infrastructure as an alternative to trying to compete with Google Fiber.
AndyDufresne
Premium Member
join:2010-10-30
Chanhassen, MN
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ERPro8
Netgear R7000

AndyDufresne to xenophon

Premium Member

to xenophon
They are going to offer some killer promo with a two or three year contracts.
They are going to bitch to politcians that google is redlining by charging 10.00 bucks to register since poor areas of city can't afford those 10.00 bucks in this economy.
Look for any hint that folks aren't registering as a sign that they are not interested in faster speed.
Google will need to be on their toes since TW should start astroturfing pretty soon.
xenophon

xenophon

TWC and ATT have made statements...

»www.bizjournals.com/kans ··· 12-07-26
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212 to AndyDufresne

to AndyDufresne
Only 5% of the population need to register to get on the install list. And the contract is one year and it negates the install fee($300). Plus "free" internet for 7 years* sure does sound like it could be nice for lower income people.

*when you pay the $300 installation fee, which can be paid over the course of 12 months @ $25 a month.