All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

hellrazzer24
join:2002-06-21
united state

hellrazzer24 to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

Re: GPU Cards in a bit of a lull, what gives?

said by Krisnatharok:

How the hell did you a 560ti for $170?

Amazon had it for about $200... PNY had a $30 rebate. But that was over a year ago. Prices haven't changed. If anything, they have creeped up a little.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by hellrazzer24:

said by Krisnatharok:

How the hell did you a 560ti for $170?

Amazon had it for about $200... PNY had a $30 rebate. But that was over a year ago. Prices haven't changed. If anything, they have creeped up a little.

There hasn't been a lot of push to dramatically increase processing power--I think we're being held back by developers who are reluctant to produce games that today's consoles can't handle.

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA

markofmayhem

Premium Member

Meh...

Frostbyte 2 based games
Cryengine based games

ummmm....

Well, yeah, I guess we are being held back
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

2 recommendations

BlitzenZeus to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Well we don't really need to have fully AA rendered cgi in everything, sure it's nice, but graphics don't make the game.

Those who are spoiled by graphics might discount superior games on their graphics alone for something that would end up in the discount bin soon when all it was standing on was superior graphics. I can't even imagine how many games were based on the unreal, and similar engines of their times.

I'm not pulling the "we had two sticks, and a rock. And we had to share the rock" routine, but my favorite games have been ones where they were fun to play. These days it seems if you put out another stupid shooter where you can kill random people on the internet some people love it, but it's overplayed. I swear some of these so-called adhd children need to be given some old logic games, no internet to cheat, and games like Myst to learn some patience. I miss the days where games had an interesting story, and possibly took weeks to beat, where an all nighter wouldn't do it. Ones where you had to do more than just smash the A button on the controller, and you usually still won.