uniqs
hussle87
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06
Sykesville, MD

hussle87

Premium Member

Fiber is the future

Maybe this announcement will kick verizon in the butt into rethinking a phase 2 of fios.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

1 recommendation

compuguybna

Re: Fiber is the future

Nah, Verizon will continue to stay busy trying to figure out more strategies on how to screw people on their data plans, and maximize profits....
said by hussle87:

Maybe this announcement will kick verizon in the butt into rethinking a phase 2 of fios.

Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

Only if we let them.

We don't need smartphones that bad. We have the power to teach VZ a lesson.
SunnyD
join:2009-03-20
Madison, AL

SunnyD to hussle87

to hussle87
Somehow I don't think Verizon gives a crap about Kansas City(s).
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

said by SunnyD:

Somehow I don't think Verizon gives a crap about Kansas City(s).

With all the price increases.. I doubt they actually care about their current customers or marketshare position either... infact they treat you like crap, especially if you leave them as a customer!
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Are they motivated to improve? I read an article that said AT&T made record profits but only added 300,000 subs for a given time period (month, quarter...doesn't really matter) whereas for the same period, they cited Verizon adding 800,000 subs!
blips
join:2001-04-17
Addison, IL

blips

Fiber is not the future. AT&T (Fiber to the node) and Verizon have stopped their fiber deployment. They both are banking on LTE. This leaves only Google deploying fiber and they have stated they do not have any plans of deploying beyond KC.

LTE unfortunately is the future.
hussle87
Premium Member
Sykesville, MD

hussle87

Premium Member

yeah but that could change.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to hussle87

Premium Member

to hussle87
Why? This isn't competing with FiOS, although that would've been an interesting experiment. VZ is currently focusing on finishing its LTE build.
hussle87
Premium Member
Sykesville, MD

hussle87

Premium Member

Why do you think google decided to rollout a FTTP network? Because They believe its futureproof and they are tring to show other ISP that it can be done cheaper.

Active Opto
@lstn.net

Active Opto to hussle87

Anon

to hussle87
LTE the future?

You must be kidding. Those with high hopes for it will be sorely disappointed because very high chances you're going to pay for every gigabyte of data you download. When I mention caps, I mean close to $100 for volumes that won't even exceed 20GB per month or similar.

Your traffic will be drained out before you know it. Forget about doing cloud computing, large updates/fixes and TV streaming.