All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
LostNSpace65
join:2007-07-20
New Smyrna Beach, FL

LostNSpace65

DEAD Adapter - Read this support chat....

You are now chatting with Tom

Tom: Hello , my name is Tom ,I am reading your request. Please provide the name , username and phone number associated with your account

me: Account #xxx.... Grandstream HT502, serial number, dead. Tried one of the power cubes from another adapter (Phone Power) no luck.

me: This adapter is for my xxx-xxxx line

Tom: does the power light come on ?

me:that is all

me: no ethernet light or otherwise, tried cable from working PP adapter, no luck

me: I also did a hard reset with paperclip, no change

Tom: when you hard reset , did the wan and LAN come at all ?

me: Another note is that 4 out of the 5 of my adapters, power cubes have died. I have just used a like kind for polarity, volt, and amps (12/.5). Now I do not have any more 'spares' in my IT box.

me: So I had forwarded the line I use for faxing to voicemail....

Note: I was trying to explain to 'TOM" that I was using the adapter power cube for my fax PP adapter since I forward these calls and rarely fax outbound... Poor Tom cannot deviate from the script. Of course I am typing and asking questions while Tom reads the script I guess....

me: I do use the 'clone' feature on 3 of the five lines. So is there an adapter that could replace all... no to your question other than brief blink... of these five and still give me the clone for the three lines, like a GXW-4008 or something?

Note: I was suggesting I would obtain a consolidated box . My bad for interrupting the script....

me: Or is there another vendor product like the GXW4008 that is usable?

me: So when you plug in the power cube, the three, power, lan, wan on the silver edge light for brief second and the LAN and WAN CAT5 ports light for a brief second then just the power light remains.....

Tom: ok

me: Never can get the WAN (connection), at all. And as I have said a couple of times the lights are just a flash except the power..

Tom: what is the model number of the AC adapter ,model number is located on prong side of plug

me: Can read it

me: “can’t”

Tom: any name on it that you can make out

me: no

me: I seem to be a bit confused! I have (5) Phone power adapters, all on the same board. Now the power adapters are all the same voltage, etc. and when I try one of the others (which are working) with this dead box, IT DOSEN'TWORK. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

Tom: we will ship you a replacement adapter you need to return the old adapter and power supply within 30 days from today to avoid a non returned hardware fee applied to the account - if the power supply is missing , or a incorrect one is returned a 10 $ charge is applied to your account . please verify your shipping address

me: WOW, NOW THATS SOMETHING. SO RIGHT NOW I AM LOOKING AT $40 FOR THE (4) I THREW AWAY. RIGHT?

Note I was referring to the four bad power cubes I had previously replaced from my "box" .... Imagine the down time of your phone lines when having to replace the bad cube... not to mention going through this.... in retrospect, I guess $40 is cheaper than my time wasted.....

Tom: the adapters are the property of phone power , these were sent to you as a free lease

me: AND I LIKE PAY SOMEWHERE AROUND $1200 A YEAR TO PHONE POWER NOT TO MENTION (YES IM SHOUTING) THE DOZEN OR SO CLIENTS I HAVE REFERRED TO PHONE POWER.....

me: HUM...... SOUNDS LIKE I NEED TO REPOST THIS LITTLE CHAT, NOT TO MENTIONED YOU DIDN'T ANSWER MY QUESTIONS ABOUT OBTAINING ANOTHER CONSOLIDATED DEVICE.....

me: Not the phone power I signed up with, that's for sure... Well I think I'll just leave it on forward until I can find another vendor....

Tom: the phone adapter is a free leased device to you , it belongs to phone power - and must be returned when service is concluded or a replacement is issued

me: .... As I don't want to be on the hook anymore for $$$$ to PP for failed equipment..... boxes, I understand.....

Note: of course at this point I just cancelled the chat as it was pointless. So now off to find another vendor. Didn't use to be this way. Service might be great but this kind of stuff.....

And no I didn't throw away the Grandstream devices.... shipping back the bad power cubes would have cost at least $10 by the time you use delivery confirmation so they don't try the old

'never got it,' cause Henry in shipping was just chewed out by the boss and threw out a bunch of packages to get back at them,

(my wild imagination).

Moral to the story..... buy your own adapter, cheaper in the long run. I paid $15 each for the original shipping ($15 x 5 = $75) not to mention having to pay to return but I can put them in one box! And I think I kept the little Grandstream boxes they shipped in so I will not have to pay $10 each for any that are missing

Open for suggestions for other vendors.
DSM Fan
join:2010-10-04
Covina, CA

DSM Fan

I think any vendor would work it just seems like you have an issue respecting the concept of leased equipment. The equipment was leased to you so you could use their service and you made the decision to throw it away.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22 to LostNSpace65

to LostNSpace65
I can understand replacing the dead power supplys with a universal one to get up and running again, but I would not have thrown them out. They ARE PP's equipment. You should have stuck 'em in a drawer and sent them back whenever you sent the units back.

Sounds like a learning experience here. I would not blame PP for wanting all the equipment returned. Heck, even Knology cable here wanted everything back with their cable boxes INCLUDING the cables (coax & component)

topgun
join:2011-01-31

topgun to LostNSpace65

to LostNSpace65
Tom is a very nice guy...sharp...to the point and went out of his way for me to keep Charter (the shitist ISP) inline. When I have had problems with either the Service or Hardware Tom knew what the hell he was talking about and got things done. You sir did not read the TOS much less have any common sense! Now you are acting like a pompous jerk (or are one) because you feel wronged.

Have you ever shopped at a retail store. When you went to the CS desk for a refund or exchange did you try the ^ BS above? "Well sir\ma'am I threw the product away".
Expand your moderator at work
daphnef
join:2012-08-27
Dallas, TX

daphnef to LostNSpace65

to LostNSpace65

Re: DEAD Adapter - Read this support chat....

Wait, so you had 4 out of 5 of your adapters fail with the power supply, and you never thought it might be something to do with the power supply in your home/office?

When you chatted with their agent you opened the chat saying your adapter was dead, and then started talking about forwarding faxes and how you rarely fax outbound. When he tries to reel you back in to talk about your original problem, you accuse his focus of being 'the script'.

You threw away equipment that they sent to you and they have a ten dollar charge to replace it. You threw away four of them and are outraged that it's going to be $40.

At the end of all that, you threw a hissy fit and canceled the chat. Full of indignation at a $10 fee for something you threw away that's possibly the fault of your own power configuration, you didn't give PP the chance to help you?

I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

The moral of the story is quite clear. when you have a problem, speak to them and don't throw out their equipment. Then don't do that another 2 times. And then on the fourth time allow PP to help you instead of typing in all caps and quitting the chat.

I imagine PP is open for suggestion for other customers.