uniqs

kilrathi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi

Premium Member

Re: [TWC] packet loss / service degraded - amp in rockaway park,

I spoke with client relations again and plant tech supposed to investigate again but I have low expectations at this point, I assume its very difficult issue where some ingress/egress such as microreflections is occuring thats affecting the higher modulation/symbol rate upstream channels thats causing packet loss. Maybe my upstream tx is too close to noise level (about 37-8db without splitter) and this basically makes those modulations not possible to work without excessive error rate. At this point I am trying to get them to push custom config for me so that I only use the 1/2 lower modulation channels if thats at all possible because clearly with those lower modulation channels there is no issue. There is no need for 50/5 package to use the higher modulation upstrem channels at all and its only causing problem for me. Its basically a sign of tw pushing tech thats not needed for current packages when the system/wiring here is not ready for it. Modem lost dhcp renew ability and had to reboot 12 hours after I did the 2 channel t4 trick. But at this point I will have to keep doing this if I want to have packet loss connection. Sad but this is reality.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

Be nice if they're able to get the higher modulation to work as it makes for more upstream capacity, but you gotta do what you gotta do, I'd say until Timer Warner is able to get the plant cleaned up and fixed a bit more.

kilrathi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi

Premium Member

said by Smith6612:

Be nice if they're able to get the higher modulation to work as it makes for more upstream capacity, but you gotta do what you gotta do, I'd say until Timer Warner is able to get the plant cleaned up and fixed a bit more.

Yes, although at this point it seems I may have to reboot and do the "trick" every 12 hours due to ip lease which is very annoying, I will try to pursue plant techs whether maybe there is possibility of custom file for my mac address where it forces to only use 1 of the 2 lower modulation upstream channels, otherwise I will ahve to see if rr turbo docsis 2 uses only the lower modulation channels for upstream as that would be only option.