spc
Search similar:

uniqs

openvz_ca
join:2008-12-13
canada

openvz_ca

[TV] FibeTV Real Pricing

Just want to give everyone a heads up that the pricing for FibeTV on the bell site is very misleading.

I called because I was told FibeTV is available in my condo in Ottawa over FTTH.

Pricing for the better package is actually $70.99 per month + a $3.00 "digital services fee" + $13.86 for a PVR + $5.53 for a 2nd HD receiver.

Brings the total to $93.38 + tax for the better package and 2 receivers + $49.99 one time install fee.

The website lists it as $65.95 after 6 month promo expires.

Keeping Rogers for the time being.

Sorry Bell, but this is probably the most misleading pricing scheme I've seen on your website to date.
Bplayer
join:2012-06-28
Thornhill, ON

Bplayer

I do not find it any different to the information on the Rogers site.
- the Digital Service Fee is in the T&C's for both sites
- the PVR charge is offset if you have 3 services
- the cost of the 2nd receiver is clearly stated

Extracted all this information into a spreadsheet as part of cost comparison with Rogers and my plan to move from Rogers to Bell.

The total pricing difference comes down to the overall discount on services that each company is prepared to give.

openvz_ca
join:2008-12-13
canada

openvz_ca

said by Bplayer:

I do not find it any different to the information on the Rogers site.
- the Digital Service Fee is in the T&C's for both sites
- the PVR charge is offset if you have 3 services
- the cost of the 2nd receiver is clearly stated

Extracted all this information into a spreadsheet as part of cost comparison with Rogers and my plan to move from Rogers to Bell.

The total pricing difference comes down to the overall discount on services that each company is prepared to give.

Really? Because I just spent the last 20 mins on the Bell website that says the Better package is $70.99 regular price and haven't found it.

Good luck finding those full terms I just listed on their site. It doesn't exist unless you call them.

It's fine and dandy to list a "bundle" price on the site, but they don't list the real price at all. That's not right.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by openvz_ca:

Good luck finding those full terms I just listed on their site.

On the Fibe TV site, hit "legal" at the bottom. On the bundles.bell.ca website, hit "See offer details" at the bottom.
Bplayer
join:2012-06-28
Thornhill, ON

Bplayer to openvz_ca

to openvz_ca
They are available in a few place of the web site. Easiest way is from the Bell home page type "better bundle" in the search box. Select "Ordering - The Best programming package from Bell TV" and follow the prompts to confirm service at your location and the services. It will calculate all your charges and discounts.

It is a nice tool, and yes, it should be easier to get to this page.

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada

Glen1 to openvz_ca

MVM

to openvz_ca
IMHO the service providers should be forced to reveal all the "hidden" costs up front. The Airline industry has been forced to do this with their flights so why not the communication/TV/ISPs?
deadtorights
join:2011-01-27

deadtorights

-- remove