All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
daninfamous
join:2009-08-06
Bourbonnais, IL

daninfamous

Line getting worse over time. Techs wont help.

Click for full size
Click for full size
I am on the 32m profile, and when we first got this profile they had to run a line quality test? It was probably over a year ago. Right after the test I remeber talking to the tech on site and we looked up my stats they were around 48,XXX max rate down and my line cap was 76ish. I didnt pay attention to the noise margin at the time.

Over time its getting worse and worse, a prem tech just left my residence and he says the line looks fine. I explained that its way worse than when it started and im having vpn issues and he kinda shrugged and said he cant put in a ticket it will get denied. I understand that my line might look "ok" so thats why im posting here.

Where did my 8k~ of downstream rate go.

Plus that 48k down was on the older RG, its my understanding these new rg's are even better yet I am still having issues.

I did get the tech to check the line at where it is before it comes into my house to make sure my home run is ok. The stats are pretty much identical he said.
Zilveari
join:2012-07-30
Bloomington, IL

Zilveari

Did you actually look at the JDSU when he ran his tests at the RG, and at the NID? I hate to say it, but Prem Techs are treated like absolute trash, and many of them stop caring about their job and BSing their way through. It's possible that he could have been padding his testing to pass the testing on his iPad.

Do you know if he checked the connections at the SAI/terminal? Someone else could have caused an issue with your pair somewhere along the line.
cissjbk
join:2010-11-17
West Columbia, SC

cissjbk to daninfamous

to daninfamous
Those funky "steps" on the left side of the bitloading graph may be indicative of a bridge tap...
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2 to daninfamous

to daninfamous
Zilveari is correct on the tech treatment, but more important is the pure lack of training and experience due to the 69 minute window they have to repair your issue. When I have repairs like this I get all the history from the customer and usually stop at the crossbox/SAI and do a port swap, this is a common thing, ports going bad for whatever reason. If you have ever seen the inside or location of one of these non-maintained units you would wonder no longer. In southwest houston i saw on of these with heavy duty black plastic over the whole thing for more than a month exposed to the elements.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to daninfamous

Premium Member

to daninfamous
I've had a somewhat similar problem with my installation. I have the two pair setup using the iNID and my second pair kept dropping out. Every time it happened I documented it with UV Realtime and called in and reported trouble. Finally after nine visits and a manager coming with the technician is that OK for two weeks so maybe it's finally corrected.