spc
Search similar:

uniqs
hescominsoon
join:2003-02-18
Brunswick, MD

hescominsoon

The Box

Is it required? if we just get the inet only can we just plug into our firewall and go without having to jump through hoops..aka FIOS?
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo

said by hescominsoon:

Is it required? if we just get the inet only can we just plug into our firewall and go without having to jump through hoops..aka FIOS?

im guessing they have a FTTH only box(fiber modem), and then from there, it goes to tv over IP to the STB and DVRs. Not like capacity is a problem, and I dont even need to pay for a seedbox anymore(tho, i may need to start a home server for BF3).

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to hescominsoon

MVM

to hescominsoon
The internet service just includes the "network box"... The question you're asking is like "Can I get cable internet without a cable modem?"

Right, just plug that coax right into your smartphone :P
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

xenophon

You can see what's included with each option here...

»fiber.google.com/plans/r ··· dential/
hescominsoon
Brunswick, MD

hescominsoon

ok so the bos ix their own router. I have my own firewall i use so i would like to NOT have to use their NAT router. I would like them to expose the public inet directly(aka let my device see the wan directly) and i'll take care of the rest.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

This may be an option, it's too early to tell. It's a bit early to be important, anyhow, since you live halfway across the United States from the current service area...
hescominsoon
Brunswick, MD

hescominsoon

I DO have a client in the service area who is curious as am i..:)
tdar
join:2004-04-05
Alpharetta, GA

tdar

This is the home equipment....They said business would be detailed in the future.