All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dmfp

@comcast.net

[Rant] Don Mercer Money Scam

There is this guy Don has been calling my mom everyday telling her she has a package/large sum of money coming, all she has to do is send him money first for taxes. this has been going on for a year my mom has given this guy over 18,000 dollars. My mom is not stupid but she is special and I am tired of hearing her cry about money. She has been borrowing money from everyone she knows to give Don money and she wont listen to me when i tell her its a scam. Can you please take this guy down? I'm sure my mom is not the only person he is scamming. Please help me i don't know how to help my mom. Don needs to be taught a lesson about how money laundering is illegal and so is scamming innocent people on disability.

DanHo
Premium
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

3 recommendations

said by Dmfp :

There is this guy Don has been calling my mom everyday telling her she has a package/large sum of money coming, all she has to do is send him money first for taxes. this has been going on for a year my mom has given this guy over 18,000 dollars. My mom is not stupid...

Disagree.
Expand your moderator at work

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
reply to Dmfp

Re: [Rant] Don Mercer Money Scam

Notify the local police, and maybe the FBI.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
reply to Dmfp
said by Dmfp :

There is this guy Don has been calling my mom everyday telling her she has a package/large sum of money coming, all she has to do is send him money first for taxes. this has been going on for a year my mom has given this guy over 18,000 dollars.

You should consider taking over her finances and changing her email and phone number. Break all contact between her and the dirty scammer. Get a Power of Attorney so you can pay her bills and setup a direct deposit of her income into a Trustee's Account that only you can access. Get her to a therapist as she needs a reality check.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 recommendation

reply to Dmfp
Okay, I'm not a mean person, but I totally disagree when you say "my mom is not stupid".

If she has given him over $18k, how much is she "supposed" to get back? We aren't the clique mob here and we cant take him down for you, but you do need to contact the police/FBI as it has already been recommended to you.

Understand, she is not going to get paid. EVER. just google "advance fee fraud" and you will have all the reading material you need.
--
| map your city |