thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to TheMG

Premium Member

to TheMG

Re: [Rant] yet another YouTube rant...

Well they made the change. And aren't likely to revert it. I'm sure they didn't just make changes willy nilly. They likely spent some of that ad revenue on research to determine what exactly the majority of users want. You unfortunately happen to be in the minority.

At any rate, you're bitching about the changes in the wrong place if you actually want anything done about it. have you tried voicing your concerns over the changes with Google directly?

Del_Gue
join:2001-10-03
Lancaster, OH

Del_Gue

said by thegeek:

Well they made the change. And aren't likely to revert it. I'm sure they didn't just make changes willy nilly. They likely spent some of that ad revenue on research to determine what exactly the majority of users want. You unfortunately happen to be in the minority.

At any rate, you're bitching about the changes in the wrong place if you actually want anything done about it. have you tried voicing your concerns over the changes with Google directly?

I agree that Google is a business and they certainly have the right to make their products more appealing to twit users and the growing "I must let the cyber/cell world know I found another pubic hair" crowd. They are perfectly free to forget or abandon previous "customers" and a win/win business objective if they so choose.

On the other hand this is a rant forum, and as for Google, it sure looks like they can't be bothered with users problems.
Here is one of several links to Google's Search Forum where hundreds of users have complained about the disappearance of cached results in their search engine.
A moderator named Kelly F. at first tried to tell users that it was still available and just harder to access, but then she disappeared when it was found that there were indeed other problems. That was a year ago.
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

1 recommendation

TheMG to thegeek

Premium Member

to thegeek
said by thegeek:

They likely spent some of that ad revenue on research to determine what exactly the majority of users want.

Then I will conclude that the majority of users are idiots who have been sucked into the big hole of social networking (Facebook).
said by thegeek:

Believe me, I have complained to Google about this, and other issues with some of their other products (including Gmail and Google Apps), on more than one occasion.

It has changed absolutely nothing.