All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
dlbott
join:2011-01-12

dlbott to NWOhio2

to NWOhio2

Re: AT&T ISDN, do they provide?

So for less than what I am paying now I could possibly get close to the same speed for less money and not have to worry about how much bandwidth I use. That would be so absolutely awesome. How hard is the setup and maintenance. I understand I would need an isdn router, is it hard to integrate into a home network. How would I find an ISP that would take it, kinda confused as to why you need an ISP, for what......

I tell ya, out here in the country where I live a person could make some good money setting people up with service. Otherwise the only game in town is satelite and it sucks. Even if you could get a T line and somehow share it with neighbors and sell them access. It is wonderful and peaceful living in the country but it sucks not being able to have affordable high speed internet. Let me know what you think and thanks, Don

ATTek
Got Sand?
Premium Member
join:2000-12-13
Glendora, CA

ATTek

Premium Member

ISDN is not "internet service" per se....it's a digital phone line...well actually 2 digital phone lines in most applications. So you need an internet ISP to "dial into" very much like the old traditional dial up internet, just faster. I still put these in fairly frequently, mostly for remote network access, radio broadcast and ATM machine use but I haven't seen one for regular internet access in a long while. We USED to sell ISDN bundled with internet access but I don't know if we still do. I'll dig around and see what I can find.
ATTek

ATTek

Premium Member

Well here's the relevant page on the customer facing website. »www.att.com/gen/isp?pid=2533#4 There are numbers there for the different areas to call for availability and pricing.

TheLastMumzy
@comcast.net

TheLastMumzy

Anon

I did a quick search for Deridder, LA and it appears it's within Verizon's 4g LTE service area. They have a product called HomeFusion that may be available to you. The catch is this this service also has restricted caps (30 gig is the highest I think). Anyways I know a guy that switched to HomeFusion from satellite and he really likes it. He averaged around 10-15Mb down and 4Mb up with ~90ms ping times.