Premium Member

to bryant313

Re: [ALL] Cox Rumored to Adding 100mbps Tier

care to share how you heard about it ?
bryant313
join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313

during the past few months when i was having senior tech visits i was told by each one of them that cox is going to 100mbps by the end of the year
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by bryant313:

during the past few months when i was having senior tech visits i was told by each one of them that cox is going to 100mbps by the end of the year

Well I am sure cox is up to something, but it will remain mum until there is a official announcement of it. It will probably be more close to the end of the year. Still stuff like this is controlled by the marketing people for cox. I just hope your point in this thread wasn't to get someone from cox to reply with an response, because that wont happen. I know these cox guys you talked to are higher up the chain, but try to always take stuff like this with a grain of salt. Still like I said cox has to be cooking up a faster speed tier sometime in the near future. I really don't care until we are talking about speed increases to there current tiers(mainly upload side), since I am a ultimate tier customer. I would be more happy with a speed bump on upload then download with the current 50/5 offerings. My market of hampton roads has the upstream channels in place with 4, matter of capacity which should of been part of the upgrades with adding more channels, now just a matter of raising the limits.
bryant313
join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313

no my intention was to get opinions from people on this forum
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by bryant313:

no my intention was to get opinions from people on this forum

Well anything anyone says here is gonna be rumored until cox talks about it. I can tell you most of the people here probably can careless about a 100mbps download speed offering from cox. Because for one, its gonna be crazy high priced. So I hope they plan some price adjustments when they launch a higher speed tier, because its selling point will be limited due to pricing. I am sure what would make most of us care, and more happy, is to raise speeds on all current internet speed tiers. Hopefully with the recent speed changes verizon has done with FIOS, and now what Comcast is doing. Cox is paying attention a bit, I know they don't care what them two companys are doing. But maybe give them a little reminder, its about that time to raise there own speed offerings.