Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rjbasye

join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY
reply to nolanmr

Re: [CATV] NFL Network Gone on July 31

The question is when will we get it now that both parties have reached a deal?

»NFL network/red zone is coming to TW !

Steve73

join:2008-08-11
Jeffersonville, IN
I take full credit. I called CS yesterday to enquire how much my bill was coming down since the NFL Network was dropped. They said sorry no but will get it back on soon since I complained!

LOL

rjbasye

Dry Ridge, KY
Haha.. I wonder how many subs dropped them when they took the NFL off last month? I'd say that had a lot to do with them making a deal.

itch

join:2008-12-06
Louisville, KY
reply to nolanmr
TWC will pick up NFL network soon, agreement has been signed. YEA YEA!!

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57

1 edit
reply to nolanmr
»Insight & NFL Network

»NFL Network, Time Warner Cable reach multiyear agreement

..made forum news as well...thanks to the submitters

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
I realy wish mods would not post things assuming just because TWC has done something that Insight will get it. We kept NFL Network untill the contract expired, when others/mods said we'd lose it day one of the merger closing. TWC hasent even done anything to integrate us, still seperate branding, lineups, ect. Unless a press release specificaly lists "Former Insight subscribers" or something similar, then IT DOES NOT APPLY TO US.

David85

join:2010-09-21
Louisville, KY
NFL network added to 926 last night and red zone on 919 middle of night or morning

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
I'm aware of this, however TWC could of very easly said it dident apply to us. Thus why the assumption on this form that we need to post in TWC forums is wrong. Untill the bill says TWC, were not TWC YET!

rjbasye

Dry Ridge, KY
reply to David85
It's on in NKY Ch 926 and 547 SD Red Zone is also on its former channel assignments as well. They added both to the lineup this morning.

rjbasye

Dry Ridge, KY
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·Time Warner Cable
reply to OSUGoose
said by OSUGoose:

I'm aware of this, however TWC could of very easly said it dident apply to us. Thus why the assumption on this form that we need to post in TWC forums is wrong. Untill the bill says TWC, were not TWC YET!

We are a subsiderary of Time Warner which means they are running the company. As for why the haven't changed the name yet, I have no idea. Maybe they will do to Insight like they did with BrightHouse, spin us off.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
We'll be rebranded TWC, as several Insight employees now have @twcable.com email addresses. It hasent happened as they havent figured out how to innerconnect the systems. The tech's I spoke to thought they would be wearing TWC shirts by now, they have allready met with TWC HR to compare benefit plans.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by OSUGoose:

We'll be rebranded TWC, as several Insight employees now have @twcable.com email addresses. It hasent happened as they havent figured out how to innerconnect the systems. The tech's I spoke to thought they would be wearing TWC shirts by now, they have allready met with TWC HR to compare benefit plans.

I don't think the interconnect is an issue it probably has to do with getting content agreements worked on and make sure that everything is ready to transition to TWC. Basically they don't want transition everything right away due to the back lash of all of the programming will be dropped if they went to only TWC contracts. Also TWC can take their time transitioning as they own insight 100% when they bought adelphia they had to change the name as Adelphia was disolved and the comcast systems TWC aqquired could not use the comcast name anymore.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
It's innerconnect. When TWC took over did NFL Network go away overnight? No when the contract expired, they played hard ball as they have allways been with NFL Network on their other systems, and when it expired...it whent away. Now they got a agreement and its back. We were told look back and start over would be the first changes we'd see this past summer and those havent happened. However we have seen software updates get pushed that the phone reps will claim they were planing on doing anyways, yet shorly after TWC took over,were pushed out.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
reply to nolanmr
Add to that, TWC here has been running craploads of cabling, more since they took over Insight.

rjbasye

Dry Ridge, KY
One thing I won't miss will be the old Insight Commercials with that cheesy music that they still run on most of the basic channels.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..

3 edits
reply to OSUGoose
said by OSUGoose:

It's innerconnect. When TWC took over did NFL Network go away overnight? No when the contract expired, they played hard ball as they have allways been with NFL Network on their other systems, and when it expired...it whent away. Now they got a agreement and its back. We were told look back and start over would be the first changes we'd see this past summer and those havent happened. However we have seen software updates get pushed that the phone reps will claim they were planing on doing anyways, yet shorly after TWC took over,were pushed out.

While there is a little "interconnect" happening already between TWC-Columbus and Insight Columbus for Road Runner.. There is still a lot to do.

It's not the same with the rest of the Insight clusters in KY etc... those plants have to be tied into Time Warner network before they can completely morph us all (channel lineups, billing back end systems etc..)

I am sure one of the biggest things to migrate is billing... Luckily I think they both use the ICOMS platform for the "back end" which means it won't be much hassle on the dB side of things but you have front ends like tools CSRs use...external websites (my-insight) etc.. that all have to be converted over to Time Warner.

Carriage agreements are not that big of a deal except in cases of channels Insight has that TW doesn't. [those would disappear with a change to TW line up -- naturally TW does not have to do new agreements for channels it already carries on both systems until renewal] ..

Of course we just recently saw this weekend the agreement with NFL Network which brought NFL Network finally to Time Warner... It's also back on Insight [which I am sure was easy to do since the Satellite setup for Insight was still in place including channel mappings -- just was removed from the QAM data stream when the agreement expired 07/31/12].

My guess on "start over" is we'll see it when the name finally changes to time warner.. Even if they have the backend side of things ready (software for Pace boxes etc..) I am guessing it will 'roll out' with the name change / line up changes.

Personally for me I want to see Time Warner Road Runner speed tiers... Insight Columbus has always been the underdog on Internet tiers (we dont get the 10,20,30 in other Insight regions)... Even our Road Runner Turbo currently does not match Time Warner Columbus [their Turbo is 20 down / 2 mb up] Insight RR in Columbus still has the old Turbo provisioning 15MB down / 1MB up.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
Agreed, I'm looking forward to the Signature Home service, as it has basicaly everything I have now, cept faster internet.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
reply to rjbasye
YEp, funny thing is they hae been running those more and more lately, along with "sale" ads that they seem to just keep changing the date. Yet those have a 2012 Copyright date for Insight STILL.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
said by OSUGoose:

YEp, funny thing is they hae been running those more and more lately, along with "sale" ads that they seem to just keep changing the date. Yet those have a 2012 Copyright date for Insight STILL.

The Insight sales promotions make me laugh... It's the same promo they have been running since I resigned up in March of 2012... just usually with a different name.. One month they said "half off your services internet and tv for $65 dollars" Next time it was "buy one get one free" same exact promotion including prices ... oh and it always "this promotion will only last this month"

YogiYahooeys

join:2004-08-17
Evansville, IN
reply to nolanmr
I know I'll find out tomorrow, but does anyone know, is Redzone going to be a premium service like it was previously on Insight, where you had to pay extra to receive it? Or is it going to be available to everyone without additional cost?

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
From what it herd its $35 for us to add it for the season.

YogiYahooeys

Evansville, IN
said by OSUGoose:

Thanks. That's too bad. I was kinda hoping it would be included for free. I'm not sure, but I do think it is cheaper than it was before, but I still don't think I'll get it. The preview that I watched the first year we got NFL Network was pretty nice, but not so nice it was actually worth any additional money.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
I actualy wonder if those that left if they could somehow sweet talk Insight to give them that for free to win them back. I actualythink Insight should offer a promo to get those people back and offer something to offset the ETFs people will need to pay to the sat companies.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to OSUGoose
said by OSUGoose:

It will probably be in the sports tier no extra cost unlike the previous contract. Your under the TWC contract now no more insight NFL Network contract so everyone who has insights sports tier will get Red Zone.

TWC is giving everyone with the sports pass NFL Red Zone for no extra charge above the sports pass package cost.

JayOSU

@rr.com
So when would you guys guess that we'll finally get the TWC channel lineup?

YogiYahooeys

Evansville, IN
reply to motorola870
said by motorola870:

said by OSUGoose:

It will probably be in the sports tier no extra cost unlike the previous contract. Your under the TWC contract now no more insight NFL Network contract so everyone who has insights sports tier will get Red Zone.

TWC is giving everyone with the sports pass NFL Red Zone for no extra charge above the sports pass package cost.

There is no "sports tier" for former Insight customers, who are all still under the Insight programming bundles.

I found a link verifying the $35 charge.

»jakesdtvblog.blogspot.com/2012/0 ··· ble.html

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
Thanks Yogi, couldent recall where i had seen it at. And leave my pickinick bastek alone!