All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

Tweakbl

Re: [MoP] People's plans for MOP launch

In truth I will buy MOP. But my plans are non existent. I sit on the edge of my seat for Diablo III only to get disappointed by some critical game design errors (In my opinion). So I will not do the same again. The errors I feel are this.
1) No Offline Mode (I know this was by design and planned but still I do not feel it was justified 100% I do agree DRM is needed for such a game as it protects the community,but they could have end run this by making it so that Character on Offline Mode stay in Offline Mode (and their loot to)

2) Beta only ran to Lvl 13 or so. 60 levels and Hell and Inferno was not Beta Tested properly.

3) Inferno mode kicked in the Retard Thrusters on difficulty. Normal/Nightmare and Hell should have had a steeper incline in difficulty so that Hell end gears were viable in Inferno Act I.

I will stop there (there are a few more) but this is the WOW forums not the General Games forum or Blizzard forum LOL.

Mop looked Ok when I played Beta. I stopped at lvl 87 due to wanting to keep content as New and Fresh as possible. I currently have 7 lvl 85's to run thru MOP so I do NOT want early Burn out in that aspect.

I am worried about the so called Black Market AH. Very worried that Blizzard is gonna pull another cash grab on their Real Money services.

A non emous
@verizon.net

A non emous

Anon

I'm personally planning on getting a few hours of Error 37.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Tweakbl

to Tweakbl
said by Tweakbl:

but they could have end run this by making it so that Character on Offline Mode stay in Offline Mode (and their loot to)

I don't think it's the fake loot, but the millions of unpaid copies of D2. Forcing people to play online is their way of making sure every copy is paid.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by puppy:

said by Tweakbl:

but they could have end run this by making it so that Character on Offline Mode stay in Offline Mode (and their loot to)

I don't think it's the fake loot, but the millions of unpaid copies of D2. Forcing people to play online is their way of making sure every copy is paid.

They could have just required a once a month connection.

Have it generate a code based on items that uniquely ID the system (MAC address/CD Key/some other stuff) then hash that into a code that's logged with blizz and set to expire in say 1 month. Maybe add in a bit of public key crypto.

then have that renew every time you connect to Bnet (maybe have it be a SSL cert signed by a Blizz CA)

then if you launch the game and it can't validate that the cert is there it just doesn't open or says you need to connect to Bnet

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to A non emous

Premium Member

to A non emous
Dislike. This isn't Diablo 3.

Cata was really stable, I was impressed.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

said by JB9:

Dislike. This isn't Diablo 3.

Cata was really stable, I was impressed.

Yeah, but I still wouldn't trust Blizzard to have it 100% perfect on launch. I bought my pre-order today, I'll pick it up on the 25th. I might take that Friday off, but not before.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

I'll probably burn 2 or 3 days vacation time so I can spend time in a chat room with a really nice GUI.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
I thought of something the other day
Ok we all know the strat of do 25 dailies and then turn them in all at once on launch day to quickly got some XP.

But here's another idea that could be done in addition.

gather 200 of each race's archeology fragments and a bunch of the +12 items, then complete as many of them as possible on launch day to get some XP

I would do it but archeology is crazy boring, though I am leveling it.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Sucks this shit always drops on a Tuesday. I'll be hardly sleeping while playing all night in hopes of hitting 90 by the end of the week.

I can't burn any leave since I am moving to Japan at the end of the year, and I'm already taking some special liberty the next weekend for the UGA/USC game + my birthday.

I'll probably do like last xpac and level at an average rate, yet still be ready to raid with everyone else.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I'll likely do 20-24 quests and hold them and then turn them all in as soon as my XP bar is back.
I can't do 25 because I still have the staff quest and don't want to lose it.

a little OT rant
Speaking of which I'm kinda ticked, the group that had been doing FL25 opted to switch to FL10H because the ones that were important to the RL had moved past the items that had a different drop rate between the two. and if I get into the 10H run it'll take awhile to get the stuff I need but I don't want to RL. And here I was thinking I'd have the staff a little after the MOP launch
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

I thought of something the other day
Ok we all know the strat of do 25 dailies and then turn them in all at once on launch day to quickly got some XP.

But here's another idea that could be done in addition.

gather 200 of each race's archeology fragments and a bunch of the +12 items, then complete as many of them as possible on launch day to get some XP

I would do it but archeology is crazy boring, though I am leveling it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but "old" archaeology fragments won't skill up beyond 525, they have to be the new MoP ones.

At least this happened on beta, and maybe making it live..

Worry not, you can gather tons of fragments in one MoP site (9 digs plus a chance of a monster spawn that drops more)

Only issue here is mobs hitting you in the back while doing it, they'll be 85-90...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya I won't be leveling archaeology in MoP zones till I hit 90 atleast
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Yeah best ting for archy is to wait until 90, learn to fly and then let it rip, in beta I only did some digs that where on the quest zone I was in

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by djlar:

Yeah best ting for archy is to wait until 90, learn to fly and then let it rip, in beta I only did some digs that where on the quest zone I was in

Ya archy is boring, it was just a though based on a friend that leveled from 60 to 70 purely from it (he didn't like the BC areas)

Ya I'm sure they'll nerf the dailies XP at cap for the launch but 20'ish quests ready to turn in still gives a head start.

Though I'm really hoping that my new guild levels fast and gears up so I'm not stuck twiddling my thumbs again.

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

Just saying bro" you talked alot of shit and disappeared from the wow forums but was posting all over dslr besides wow.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Treebark:

Just saying bro" you talked alot of shit and disappeared from the wow forums but was posting all over dslr besides wow.

Thats because I stopped wow somewhere around may2011.

Long story short
the GM of the guild I was in openly asked anyone that wanted to be an officer to just ask, he made a father son pair officers and raid leads.

And they weren't very good players, a few weeks after that I got tired of it and gquit, but I knew that on that realm the pick of good guilds was super slim. So I just stopped playing. Came back briefly to do the fire festival and ended up doing the molten front dailies till I have completed the chain, and joined some guild but it wasn't an active guild so I left wow again. Then recently (a few months ago) I was bored with what was available on TV (good shows ended) and opted to come back and just be casual joined a guild that some in-game friends were in and then didn't really do much till I had to take some vacation time then did 4/8 DS a few times with them. Then as I had to join pugs if I wanted to run DS (I get home very late so the guild run would be long over by the time I got home) Then I found a guild Pug that runs at a time that works for me and joined that guild recently.

BTW the guild that I was in early cata that had the father son raid leads is now just a 7tab bank guild with one member that's playing D3 not WOW. (everyone left shortly after I did because they wouldn't put up with such a crappy raid lead.) (group B ie the less progressed group, wouldn't even try to do the bosses anything like group A and thus would wipe ALOT)
DarkLogix

1 edit

DarkLogix

Premium Member

BTW if the new guild goes to Sh** then I plan to ether xfer or quit

BTW any word on if you lose the staff quest when you xfer?

And for the first time I saw the #1 guild on the server advertize in trade, sadly they raid in the middle of the day (11am-2pm) so that's not an option and explains why they get the server firsts.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

your plan for Mists sounds like a fast way to get bored with this expac, if you arent in a world first high level guild i see no reason to devoure content that fast. Pandaria is beautiful, i will be one that is going to go slow and enjoy what the devs have made for me to play in, Jade Forest, is just simply awesome, i love that place. to each his own i guess.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

That's what my priest is for.
My main will rush through and be ready to raid/rep grind.

My alt will go slowly and enjoy it.
Also depending on the timing I plan to take my time once the priest hits 80 and enjoy the quests of cata more than I did on my mage.

COWz
@terago.net

COWz

Anon

In Cata I was on at launch and leveled straight thru to 85. I was on pace to be realm first Druid but got glitched on on of the twilight highlands quests and could not finish a quest to get more breadcrumbs. I was very pissed and swore i would not do another realm first push, But..... i have played alot in MOP and i think i can do it so Sep 25 i will be up all night and hopefully should take about 8 hours to hit 90. Then its off to honor grind a full set of pvp gear once decked out repeat for my next char.
I currently have an 85 of every class on horde and ally all with max professions and pvp gear.