Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to bpFlamb

MVM

to bpFlamb

Re: still WISP or highspeed available in Flamborough

Xplornet generally has a very poor reputation, and providers such as TekSavvy that have attempted to resell their services in the past have pulled out of those relationships due to the poor quality of service xplornet provided. This is backed up by DSLR's own reviews, where of 52 reviews, 10 are good, 12 are mixed, and 30 are bad.

As a company, they have a reputation for poor customer service and failing to live up to promises of delivered performance. If they want to convince the general public that this is no longer the case, they're going to have to prove it. When you're a company with a tainted rep, dismissing customer feedback as "rumors and lies" is counter-productive.
xnetdealer
join:2012-07-20

xnetdealer

Duplicate
xnetdealer

xnetdealer to Guspaz

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

Xplornet generally has a very poor reputation, and providers such as TekSavvy that have attempted to resell their services in the past have pulled out of those relationships due to the poor quality of service xplornet provided. This is backed up by DSLR's own reviews, where of 52 reviews, 10 are good, 12 are mixed, and 30 are bad.

As a company, they have a reputation for poor customer service and failing to live up to promises of delivered performance. If they want to convince the general public that this is no longer the case, they're going to have to prove it. When you're a company with a tainted rep, dismissing customer feedback as "rumors and lies" is counter-productive.

I don't disagree, many of the older networks became quite inadequate. The Teksavvy example is a 7 or 8 year old unlicensed network using Motorola Canopy unlicensed spectrum equipment, a very far cry from the new 4G WiMAX 3.5GHz licenced networks of today. Teksavvy also stopped selling Xplornet to concentrate on their core business. Smart.

Things are changing, and dramatically for the better, and you'll likely notice that most of the negative reviews are old, and based on the old technologies.

As for dismissing customer feedback, I would be responding very differently is the complaintant was a customer. He's not, he's a competitive WISP.

BTW, I do not represent Xplornet directly, and my comments and opinions are my own. I probably should have mentioned that much earlier.
scorpido
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

I'm not bad mouthing xplorrnet just stating what I have witnessed first hand, heard from current customers who want to switch but are locked into a 3 year contract as we as being a dealer for xplorrnet for a very brief time. Yes we did apply for Wellington county but like 2 other wisps who were honest about what could be done xplorrnet went and promised to give internet took the money dropped a few towers and said okay the rest of you can use satellite so yeah great network deployment lol