uniqs
share rss forum feed

sendjunkmail

join:2008-08-01

1 edit
reply to bgoodbody

Alexandria City, VA

Thanks,

ComcastSteve started working with me in the direct forums. We tested that the new Blast config is working for my area. Not getting as fast as you but some areas seem better or worse. I only noted that ping times were lower on Ultra. Looking at your tests, that seems to be the case also.

Note these are "best" speed tests.

Ultra:

New Blast:

dbw09
Premium
join:2001-01-18
Alexandria, VA

Re: [Speed] Northeast speed changes coming.

You are getting the new Blast 50/10 in Alexandria City sendjunkmail? I still have not gotten it, and I have rebooted a few times today trying to get the update.

sendjunkmail

Yes I'm in Alexandria City but....I guess I'm testing it.

bgoodbody
Bill G

join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA
reply to dbw09

dbw09: First what brand/model number of modem/eMTA do you have?

You must have d3 whith 4 channel bonding down or better

Are you using wired connection? Wireless can slow you down for various reasons.

Are you certain you have Blast or Extreme 50 (these are the only 2 to see the speed doubling).
--
- Bill

dbw09
Premium
Alexandria, VA

Yes, I have all of the required equipment, I used to be on extreme 50 about a year ago. I have a 6120 that just received the FW push earlier in the week. Unfortunately I am still pulling good old 25/4 (shaped to 15/4). I guess I will have to call in and ask them to roll and re-provision me.

bgoodbody
Bill G

join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA
reply to sendjunkmail

50/10 is the advertised speed for Blast, so you are gettin a bit better than the advertised.

OK I do llive in a rural area and I have worked with Comcast to get good signal levels. So we don't tend to get overloaded.
--
- Bill

whfsdude
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to dbw09

said by dbw09:

Yes, I have all of the required equipment, I used to be on extreme 50 about a year ago. I have a 6120 that just received the FW push earlier in the week. Unfortunately I am still pulling good old 25/4 (shaped to 15/4). I guess I will have to call in and ask them to roll and re-provision me.

A couple of my friends in Arlington have already received the the new speeds. So your plan sounds good.

dbw09
Premium
Alexandria, VA

Yeah, somehow when my 6120 received the new FW it set my config file to "default" which basically meant that I never would have received the speed increase, I would have stayed at 25/4 (15/4) forever had I not called. The tech I spoke to said this is happening quite a bit for some reason.

aguiar0016

join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

@DBW09. With the 6120 u should be able to see the config. file for your tier. Can you see what it is?

dbw09
Premium
Alexandria, VA

Sorry, I wasn't really clear... I called and the tech fixed the issue. If other people are in areas where the speed increase has gone live but they have not received the increase themselves, it may not be a bad idea to call and have Comcast check to see that the modem is provisioned correctly (since mine was not and apparently it is happening quite a bit from what I gathered). Also, on the SB6120 you cannot see your config file unless you happen to catch it in the logs when it is updated before it scrolls away.

sendjunkmail

1 edit
reply to bgoodbody

Happy with the results, getting advertised with small margin.

dude34234

@comcast.net

1 edit

Alexandria, VA

Confirmed Blast upgraded to 50/10 in Alexandria