Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

1 edit

Signing onto NBCOlympics w/ a FiOS ID

Has anyone had success with signing in to the NBC Olympics site using your FiOS user name and password? I have tried several times from both MyVerizon and through the NBC Olympics web page and it keeps looping me back to the Verizon sign-in page.

I'm using the correct user name and password since I can log into MyVerizon with it and see my account info.

There are some events I want to watch that are being streamed but won't be shown on any of the NBC channels. One is early tomorrow morning.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
Just tried and it worked for me.

Rattler

Havertown, PA
I wonder what the heck is going on with my account. I can get to HBO-GO and the other on-line services. I've just hit a wall with the NBC site.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I am using my verizon.net credentials to logon, not my verizon.com credentials (which were consolidated to the .net credentials last year) and it works fine. Maybe this is your problem.

I found a post that discusses the two sets of credentials. Here is the text in the words of the poster. I posted it on the Verizon forum and some people reported success. There's a long thread on this issue over there. (»forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Te···p/462837)

It is possible to have a .com ID and a .NET ID. One lets you look at your bill (.com) and it is not linked to your .net which causes problems when accessing online tv content. That is where the activation comes in (»activate.verizon.net), when you go through that (for me at least) I got a message that I had TWO id's it told me what the other ID was, and then it began linking them together. Once they were linked I was able to access all the online stuff.

Rattler

Havertown, PA
reply to kes601
Click for full size
Here's a screen-grab of the window that I keep getting after I do the initial log-in. Once I get this, it continually returns to it after I enter my "credentials".
--

sjfiostech

join:2008-07-29
Medford, NJ
Rattler....Getting the same thing (Safari/Mac)

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Rattler
said by Rattler:

Here's a screen-grab of the window that I keep getting after I do the initial log-in. Once I get this, it continually returns to it after I enter my "credentials".

It returns to it because it doesn't like your credentials (user name and password don't match what they think they should be). Suggest you read my prior post.

Rattler

Havertown, PA
reply to PJL
PJL...

I have not used my old verizon.com U/N & P/W for a long, long time. I'm using my main verizon.net U/N & P/W which is the same as I use for access to my main email account and MyVerizon 3.0

I am attempting to access the NBC site using FFox V12.0 running on an XP, SP3 machine. I haven't used IE for ages and the version I have on this machine is an older one that V* complains about not supporting.

I'm wondering if there may be a cache problem or possibly there are cookies set that are messing things up...
--

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
said by Rattler:

PJL...

I have not used my old verizon.com U/N & P/W for a long, long time. I'm using my main verizon.net U/N & P/W which is the same as I use for access to my main email account and MyVerizon 3.0

I am attempting to access the NBC site using FFox V12.0 running on an XP, SP3 machine. I haven't used IE for ages and the version I have on this machine is an older one that V* complains about not supporting.

I'm wondering if there may be a cache problem or possibly there are cookies set that are messing things up...

You might at least try what I suggested, including the steps that led to success for others with your problem.

joe01880

join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA
reply to Rattler
No problem logging in but the site is dirt slow

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
said by joe01880:

No problem logging in but the site is dirt slow

The videos are hosted by youtube which during prime time always lags for me when playing HD videos.

Rattler

Havertown, PA
reply to PJL
said by PJL:

You might at least try what I suggested, including the steps that lead to success for others with your problem.

I am VERY reluctant to allow V* to install In Home Agent on any of my machines, which appears to be a requirement to finish the activation process (for an account I've had for 5-1/2 years), so I terminated it.

To add to the conundrum, I just went to another machine here that is running W7 and FFox 8. Did the sign-up on NBCOlympics using the same U/N & P/W that failed here and it went through with no issues - I can now access the vids and streaming content on that 'puter. So I am sure that it is not a U/N & P/W problem. And, I am certain that it was entered correctly on this box, at least one of the 6 - 8 times I entered it.

I think it's a cache or cookie problem on this machine and I'll try snooping through them later. Clearing the cache had no effect but I did not shut down the browser and restart it.
--

Rattler

Havertown, PA
Well, I just cleared everything in Firefox on this machine and I still cannot access NBCOlympics.com's online videos. HBOGO and other online apps are fine.
--

navyson

join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD
reply to Rattler
I was able to log on using my verizon.net logon.

julesism

join:2001-12-12
Lewisville, TX
reply to Rattler
no problem here. used my "My Verizon" credentials.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

1 edit
reply to bohratom
said by bohratom:

The videos are hosted by youtube which during prime time always lags for me when playing HD videos.

Same problem for me. Any event video above 480p has an annoying lag on my mac and pc.

bohratom

Red Bank NJ
said by icemannyr1:

Same problem for me. Any event video above 480p has an annoying lag on may mac and pc.

NBC atm gets a grade of "F" for their online performance. Anything I try to stream at HD (720p+) just has horrible frame loss. They should fire the VP of engineering that developed their distribution center. I know they seem to have just used youtube but if youtube sucks with their distribution network in primetime , NBC is responsible for selecting it.

Tonight I was trying to select a couple womens soccer games to watch and first I have to deal with delays just selecting the game I want. Then anything about 480p the frame loss was 10-20%. I've been checking on-demand for the Olympics and thus far they are not offereing any full event replays.

Pretty pathetic streaming performance thus far....

Bootes
Premium
join:2005-01-28
New York, NY
reply to Rattler
I would suggest creating a new verizon.net account. You can have multiple. Try using the new account on NBC Olympics.

Go to »www.verizon.net
Login
Click on Welcome, Name in the top right
You'll find Sub Accounts towards the bottom

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

1 edit
reply to Rattler
The ironic part is the concerts that are live on YouTube have good quality and no lag.
There has to be some issue with the settings that NBC and YouTube need to correct.
I can watch other videos on YouTube in 720p or 1080p with no lag.

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Rattler
I was having trouble and found it was related to having the Internet option checked to "delete Browsing history on EXIT". Note I was not exiting. Apparently something, some flash stored info was not be returned between the login at verizon and the NBCOlypmics site. Flash now honors this Internet option. Effected IE and Firefox at least.

Rattler

Havertown, PA
reply to bohratom
I screwed around with it some more...

I have another machine here that is running XP, SP2 and Firefox 8. It logged in just fine. For some reason, this particular box (the one I'm typing on) will not work with the NBC site.

After all that messing around, I found that the quality sucked anyway. Also, what I wanted to see I couldn't find. I sit in front of a 'puter too much already - I'm just going to bag it.

Thanks for all the responses though...
--

sg

join:2007-07-23
Montclair, NJ

2 edits
reply to Rattler
I used to have this exact problem on HBO Go. It was because I had 3rd party cookies blocked. Perhaps you have it blocked but with an exception for hbogo.com

The quality of the live streams is 1080p through youtube so I'm surprised you're unhappy with it. It seems quite good

of course, after posting this, I started having (different) trouble logging in as well. I can log in successfully, but it just sends me right back to the pick tv provider page

dick white
Premium
join:2000-03-24
Annandale, VA
reply to Rattler
I had the exact same problem yesterday, and then I realized I had set my browser to reject 3rd party cookies. While I would rather not take the cookies, when I allowed them, the nbcolympics site started working. But, as noted in other posts above, the site is dirt slow. Maybe they'll figure out how to optimize their server load?

dw

bohratom

Red Bank NJ
said by dick white:

But, as noted in other posts above, the site is dirt slow. Maybe they'll figure out how to optimize their server load?

dw

People in the comcast and TWC forums are complaining about the video streaming dropping frames to. Pretty poor planning by the nbc/youtube engineers for the allocation of bandwidth.

Rattler

Havertown, PA
reply to dick white
said by dick white:

I had the exact same problem yesterday, and then I realized I had set my browser to reject 3rd party cookies. While I would rather not take the cookies, when I allowed them, the nbcolympics site started working. But, as noted in other posts above, the site is dirt slow. Maybe they'll figure out how to optimize their server load?

dw

BINGO! (on the bolded/italicized above)

I had FF set to not accept 3rd party cookies. I reset it and off it went as as soon as I logged in. I really appreciate the knowledge pool DSLReports has to offer...

So far as the NBC site's performance is concerned, it leaves a lot to be desired from hang-ups and, on all my machines, SW Flash crashes about every 5 - 10 minutes. My browsers are all updated and the latest version of Flash is installed. I do not have that issue with any other streaming video or viewing sites.
--

knarf829

join:2007-06-02
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to Rattler
Can't log in in IE, Chrome or FF.

1. "Activate" advice - can't log in at the activate site (even after resetting password at verizon.net)
2. 3rd Party cookies already accepted
3. Created a new sub account at verizon.net (admin / yes to TV online). Can't log in with this one either.

It just keeps looping me back to the set up screen.

This is frustrating.

UPDATE: Not my credentials, as I was able to get in fine on my laptop.

hubrisnxs

join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA
reply to tnsprin
When you sign up for service, you usually go through an activation. it creates an email address for you and a password, and it links all of your verizon GO services together.

If you don't have a verizon email address, or can't check your mail from your verizon login, then that is part of the problem.

you need to get your VZID (it ties directly to your email account) and you need to go to »activate.verizon.net and log in with it. when you log in with that one, it will start trying to merge your username that you used when you registered with verizon's website, and then your services really should start working like you expect. that is what happened to me, and I have a suspicion it happened to a lot of people too.

hubrisnxs

join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA
reply to Rattler
nbc has these instructions if you are already activated

give em a shot.

1. Navigate your browser to: »www.macromedia.com/support/docum···r03.html
2. Make sure "Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer" and "Store common Flash components to reduce download times" options are both checked.
3. Move the "Specify the amount of disk space..." slider to 100 KB.
4. Navigate your browser to: »www.macromedia.com/support/docum···r07.html
5. Clear the Flash Player Cache by pushing the "Delete all sites" button.
6. Close your browser and then reopen your browser.
7. Start the verification process here: »www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/he···dex.html
If you are still having issues you need to make sure your third party cookies are enabled:

MAC USERS:
• FIREFOX BROWSER (FOR MAC USERS)
Click on “FIREFOX” (at the top left of screen)
--> Preferences
--> Privacy tab
--> Open drop down next to "Firefox will:" and set it to "Use custom settings for history"
--> Make sure "accept cookies from sites" is checked
--> Make sure "Accept third-party cookies" is checked
--> Keep until: "they expire" (in drop down)
• SAFARI BROWSER (FOR MAC USERS)
Click on “SAFARI” (at the top left of screen)
--> Preferences
--> Security Tab
--> Accept Cookies (check “Always”)
• CHROME BROWSER (FOR MAC USERS)
Click on “CHROME” (at the top left of screen)
--> Preferences
--> Scroll to bottom of page and click on “Show Advanced Settings”
--> Privacy –> Click on “Content Settings”
--> Cookies – >Check “Allow local data to be set” also make sure “Block third-party cookies and site data” IS NOT CHECKED.
--> Click “ok” at bottom of page.

PC USERS:

• INTERNET EXPLORER (FOR PC USERS)
-->Click on Tools
--> Internet Options
--> Privacy Tab
--> Click the Advanced button in center of page
--> Make sure the radio button next to Accept is checked below “First-party Cookies” and “Third-party Cookies”
--> Click “OK”
• FIREFOX BROWSER (FOR PC USERS)
--> Click on FIREFOX (top left of screen)
--> Click on Options
--> Click Privacy Tab
--> Open drop down next to "Firefox will:" and set it to "Use custom settings for history"
-->Make sure "accept cookies from sites" is checked
--> Make sure "Accept third-party cookies" is checked
--> Keep until: "they expire" (in drop down)
--> Click “Ok” at bottom
• SAFARI BROWSER (FOR PC USERS)
--> Click on the wheel on the top right, below the X in the red box
--> Click Preferences
--> Click the Privacy Tab
--> Block Cookies: click “Never”
--> X out of pop up
• CHROME BROWSER (FOR PC USERS)
Click on the wrench at the top right of the screen
--> Settings
--> Scroll to bottom of page and click on “Show Advanced Settings”
--> Privacy – Click on “Content Settings”
--> Cookies – Check “Allow local data to be set” also make sure “Block third-party cookies and site data” IS NOT CHECKED.
--> Click “ok” at bottom of page.

xocsucram

join:2008-10-02

2 edits
you dont even use the .com or .net just your username and password, same as you do when signing into ESPN3/WatchESPN

thats not the issue, it keeps saying i have to be subscribed to MSNBC and CNBC and both are in the Prime package which i obviously have and then it says to click here to add it...

»i.imgur.com/Li8RU.jpg

i really dont care enough to go thru hoops trying to "add it", and if its an additional add-on channel im not adding them just for this event, i only care about the USA basketball and i record them live.

this is the same crap they do for all the free previews of sports packages like NBA League Pass where it says you're able to watch for free yet you go to the channels and it always says "order now/notsubscribed" you cant access the free 2 weeks and even when you call they cant do anything from their end and you probably wind up litterally purchasing it then have to go thru hoops to cancel while explaining you only wanted to see the free trial...or just buy the online pass straight from NBA.com and avoid dealing with Verizon and OnDemand and 40 other middle men when the TV feeds are all crap SD anyways and the nba.com is in hd

xocsucram

join:2008-10-02
on and what do you know, im watching CNBC right now with Closing Bell and lets see go up 1 channel and.....yep womens hand ball on MSNBC

looks like my Prime Package is working just fine....not sitting on the phone for 30 minutes to have them power cycle my ONT to fix their stupid restrictions to access it online