Doonz (banned)
join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned) to Gotspeed

to Gotspeed

Re: [ALL] Ask ShawSean

said by Gotspeed:

said by scubascythan:

Doubt it. Google won't be coming to Canada to compete.

Also, as much as I hate to say this, Shaw is better than Rogers. The ridiculous high overages and low caps they have compared to Shaw makes Shaw look like the better guy here.

Similar idea with Telus vs Bell. In Ontario they really gouge you for your money so Rogers/Bell resellers are usually much better choices.

I Doubt it too, but I would like to hear ShawSean's comments on Googles new venture. Yes Google won't be running up to Canada anytime soon but for a company to build a brand new network from scratch, then offer such fair prices.....whats Shaw's or any other Canadian incumbents excuse for not offering fiber to the curb for a fair price?

Really. Why didn't Google run this experience in a large metropolis city? Why didn't it run it in its own back yard.

Its called a stunt. Something Google is famous for. Its a proof of concept act.

BTW Curious to see just how well Arial fiber handles our weather.
Gotspeed
join:2011-12-30

Gotspeed to scubascythan

to scubascythan
said by scubascythan:

Also, as much as I hate to say this, Shaw is better than Rogers. The ridiculous high overages and low caps they have compared to Shaw makes Shaw look like the better guy here.

Similar idea with Telus vs Bell. In Ontario they really gouge you for your money so Rogers/Bell resellers are usually much better choices.

I Doubt it too, but I would like to hear ShawSean's comments on Googles new venture. Yes Google won't be running up to Canada anytime soon but for a company to build a brand new network from scratch, then offer such fair prices.....whats Shaw's or any other Canadian incumbents excuse for not offering fiber to the curb for a fair price?
scubascythan
join:2005-05-14

scubascythan to Gotspeed

to Gotspeed