joe01880
join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

joe01880 to Rattler

to Rattler

Re: Signing onto NBCOlympics w/ a FiOS ID

No problem logging in but the site is dirt slow

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by joe01880:

No problem logging in but the site is dirt slow

The videos are hosted by youtube which during prime time always lags for me when playing HD videos.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

1 edit

icemannyr1

said by bohratom:

The videos are hosted by youtube which during prime time always lags for me when playing HD videos.

Same problem for me. Any event video above 480p has an annoying lag on my mac and pc.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by icemannyr1:

Same problem for me. Any event video above 480p has an annoying lag on may mac and pc.

NBC atm gets a grade of "F" for their online performance. Anything I try to stream at HD (720p+) just has horrible frame loss. They should fire the VP of engineering that developed their distribution center. I know they seem to have just used youtube but if youtube sucks with their distribution network in primetime , NBC is responsible for selecting it.

Tonight I was trying to select a couple womens soccer games to watch and first I have to deal with delays just selecting the game I want. Then anything about 480p the frame loss was 10-20%. I've been checking on-demand for the Olympics and thus far they are not offereing any full event replays.

Pretty pathetic streaming performance thus far....

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Rattler

I screwed around with it some more...

I have another machine here that is running XP, SP2 and Firefox 8. It logged in just fine. For some reason, this particular box (the one I'm typing on) will not work with the NBC site.

After all that messing around, I found that the quality sucked anyway. Also, what I wanted to see I couldn't find. I sit in front of a 'puter too much already - I'm just going to bag it.

Thanks for all the responses though...