Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tmcclintic

join:2012-07-27
Sahuarita, AZ
reply to tmcclintic

Re: [AZ] Constant issues and restarts on 3.0 gateway

I've never had my service this bad for this long. I'm losing a lot respect for Cox cable.

Interesting though, I now get destination host unreachable to 192.168.100.1. Which I assume is the modem IP since the status page is super dumbed down. I do not lose pings to my router and this just randomly appears.

Also, I can go hours without issues and then suddenly plagued with them for 1-2 hours.

Very frustrating!

DDR329

@cox.net

Just read through all the posts and saw you do not have video service with Cox and your power level is around 51 normally?

Is your modem line direct from the demarcation point or is it running through the same line as the dish signal with diplexers?

There should be no reason why your power level is that high if the line is direct unless it is either high coming to you (Cox problem), splitters are in the way (remove), or a wire problem. If you can try connecting the modem directly up to your drop to see what the power level is then you may be able to find out where the break down is. The highest reading you should see is about 43.

tmcclintic

Sahuarita, AZ

I have two separate lines coming into my house where my home network box is. One is for Dish and the other is for Cox. More recent posts show a drop in signal to 48/49. Not sure if that is still okay or not though....

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:14
reply to tmcclintic

I'm still trying to help, give me a little more time.

tmcclintic

Sahuarita, AZ

Okay, thanks for looking into it.

I'd just love to get a straight reason on what's causing it so an end could be in sight.

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:14

we saw something yesterday but it went away during the troubleshooting. Either way I got in touch with the right people and they are monitoring for the problem.

tmcclintic

Sahuarita, AZ

Sweet, I appreciate it.