Premium
join:2002-11-17
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

2 recommendations

New Baby Born Today!

»fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhy···DG145775

A few pics of what she looks like. Should bring her home in about a week.

--
In need of a Vegas vacation.

mjhouser
Premium
join:2001-10-06

Nice looking car. Should get up and boogie.

I have always liked Fords deep blue paint colors. Enjoy the ride!

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to VegasMan

That's a pretty car! And a great color.

Ford has finally begun making cars that I would buy. I've never owned a Ford product in my 45 years behind the wheel but I wouldn't hesitate on buying one these days.

And Good Luck with that beauty!
--
»www.teamovercome.net/
»www.galaxynexusforum.com/

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911

join:2002-03-29
Tucker, GA
reply to VegasMan

Puuuuuurttyyyy!!!!!

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to Lone Wolf

This will be my 6th Ford. Only major thing was a bad shift sensor that ironically was made by my employer for my 94 Mustang. Had a few minor quick fixes but nothing that would make me run for another manufacture.
I've had 4 Pontiac's well 3 really since my Vibe is more Toyota, 3 of the 4 were great cars, 1 was so bad that I said I'd give GM one chance to redeem itself and they did. My first car was an 80 Buick Regal and I beat the hell out of it for 3 years. It finally gave up the ghost on my way to go pick up my Mustang. I kinda miss that Buick. I think all of us have a thing in our heart for our first car.
--

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

said by VegasMan:

I think all of us have a thing in our heart for our first car.

My father owned only Ford products from 1928 until 1958 when his beloved 1953 Ford was stolen and he bought a 1958 Impala. He owned 3 more Chevys until he passed. I've owned everything except Fords. Back in the day the only Fords I considered buying were Mustangs and big Lincolns but never did. I would definitely consider buying a new Ford for my next car purchase.

My first car was a 1951 Studebaker Commander I got in 1964 for $25. It had a 232ci V8, 3 speed on the column and a feature called "Hill hold".
Wish I kept it.

mjhouser
Premium
join:2001-10-06

1 recommendation

said by Lone Wolf:

My first car was a 1951 Studebaker Commander I got in 1964 for $25. It had a 232ci V8, 3 speed on the column and a feature called "Hill hold".
Wish I kept it.

They are a cool looking car.

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
reply to VegasMan

Got a call today, and the car is in. Either it got built early or they built it then shipped it immediately. We are less than 60 miles from the final assembly.
--

Jeffrey
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium
join:2002-12-24
Long Island
kudos:3
reply to VegasMan

Good luck with it! My family owned 3 Tauruses in the mid 80s to early 90s and good cars, but the new Taurus---wow! The SHO should boogie.

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to VegasMan

Be sure to post up some pics of interior and exterior after you get it...and also a first driving impression if you would...I've been interested in a new SHO for sometime now but just haven't pulled the trigger yet due to other things being more important at the moment.

But would love to hear how you like yours..

Congrats!

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

2 recommendations

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
A few shots before it was prepped yesterday. I don't have any of the inside yet since it was still covered in plastic. Wife took delivery this morning while I was at work so she has driven it more than me. I got to do the initial drive of about 5 miles but that was in traffic.
I did get to break in the turbos though, they won't activate until the car has had it's first 5 miles or 50 start-ups. Once the OD hit 5.0 I punched it and at 5.1 you could definitely feel them kick in.

If I get a chance I'll add more pics and impressions this weekend after I get a good chance to she how she handles.
--

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
reply to VegasMan

At least you're getting a proper one. SHO models were always lusted after.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

said by C0deZer0:

At least you're getting a proper one. SHO models were always lusted after.

If I buy a vehicle it's always the top of that line.
--

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to VegasMan

Interesting side note on the purchase process.
When we ordered on June 20th the appraised value of our Edge was 25k which matched all my research. So now the new one comes in and they do the customary "look how beautiful it is" and "it's right here" shit. So wife goes in and they do a new appraisal and gee guess what the market isn't as good anymore so we'll only give you 23k. Wife calls me and I tell her to ask for 24.5k and no less or we walk. Words barely got out of her mouth and the manager agreed.
I was so pissed that they tried to pull one over on my wife.

Since the process isn't over as we still have to go through the final shit that Ford requires them to do along with the satisfaction survey. Since my wife was running late to work we are doing it on Friday. I am going to let it be known that I wasn't happy about that and the fact that now I am getting spammed on my cell text for buying a new car. I know it had to be from them since I never got spam before and they just happen to start a few hours after the purchase was done, plus the only time they had my cell number was so they could contact me while we were on vacation just after the order.
--

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6

There's a reason the #1 consumer complaint is car dealers....for every good one there seems to be five or more sleazy ones...

I'd go in Friday and hold them to their $25k on your Edge or tell them to take their SHO and SHOve it!

Xstar_Lumini

join:2008-12-14
Canada
kudos:2
reply to VegasMan

A Taurus?? I thought it was a Mustang at first look at the pictures, awesome color scheme!

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA
reply to VegasMan

Congrats!!! I'm sure you will love the car - I love mine. Also love the color, with they had it in 2010.

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

I don't get to drive it much as it's the wife's daily driver. I had it today and we are taking it down to Indy this weekend to see my mom so I'll get some miles on it.

So far I love it. Very quiet and a lot smoother ride than I expected for 20" wheels, our Edge had 20's and I think this might be a little smoother in ride.
--

itguy05

Carlisle, PA

It's an awesome highway cruiser. Just set the cruise and you'll be good to go (and it will keep you out of trouble as the car is so quiet).

Did 2 long trips in ours, one to Houston and back through New Orleans, Nashville, etc. and put about 2.5k on it in a week. Was a great trip and I did 99.99% of the driving and was fatigue free.

Got back from a Florida vacation where we drove. Did just over 1k miles in a day in the car. No fatigue either.

On both trips we averaged just under 26 MPG. Not bad for a full size car that can smoke 90% of the cars on the road!

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

said by itguy05:

It's an awesome highway cruiser. Just set the cruise and you'll be good to go (and it will keep you out of trouble as the car is so quiet).

Did 2 long trips in ours, one to Houston and back through New Orleans, Nashville, etc. and put about 2.5k on it in a week. Was a great trip and I did 99.99% of the driving and was fatigue free.

Got back from a Florida vacation where we drove. Did just over 1k miles in a day in the car. No fatigue either.

On both trips we averaged just under 26 MPG. Not bad for a full size car that can smoke 90% of the cars on the road!

I know my back and butt won't hurt as we got the massaging seats with cooling. I used the cooled seats once and they sure do keep the boys cool.
--

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL

520 Mile round trip on Saturday and average 26.5MPG would have been better if I didn't have to eliminate about 10 left lane lovers around Indy. I had a 28MPG avg up to that point.
--

itguy05

Carlisle, PA
reply to VegasMan

So how do you like the massaging seats? I've got them in mine (it's pretty much yours except a 2010 and in red - all the options except the performance pack). The butt massage is weird but the back is good but a little weak. Comfortable on long trips for sure.

That's great fuel economy! I averaged about 25-26 on our Florida trip and that was with the AC on, and taking liberties with speed limits.

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

said by itguy05:

So how do you like the massaging seats? I've got them in mine (it's pretty much yours except a 2010 and in red - all the options except the performance pack). The butt massage is weird but the back is good but a little weak. Comfortable on long trips for sure.

That's great fuel economy! I averaged about 25-26 on our Florida trip and that was with the AC on, and taking liberties with speed limits.

Felt great. I agree the butt felt like the seat was trying fist me.

I had the cruise set at 80 with a few hits of 100+.
So far my top with it has been 120 but I'm sure I'll hit the gov soon.
--

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to VegasMan

Nice looking car. I'm not a Ford person at all, but I do have to say theres some style there.

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to VegasMan

You didn't mention if the car was "born" with the handling pack and I was wondering about your impressions of it if you had.

I currently own a 2008 Fusion V6 SEL AWD that I've "done stuff to" (basically every performance and appearance mod I could get my hands on, including an ECU reflash) but I find that on track days I'm getting curbstomped in the straights by even V6 Stangs (On the corners though I can hang & bang with the best of them, even on the street rubber I use for the summer months)

So I'm wondering if this might be a worthy upgrade to pursue, bearing in mind that I'm in Canada and would be driving this car year round (with proper snows & rims during the winter months)

NefCanuck

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
Schaumburg, IL

No Perf Pack. Like you it snows here in Chicagoland and summer only tires just don't fit the bill.
--

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by VegasMan:

No Perf Pack. Like you it snows here in Chicagoland and summer only tires just don't fit the bill.

Ah, though I understood the perf pack also beefs up the suspension bits and brakes too (something I think should be mandatory to take the SHO out on a track anyways)

Not that I'd ever use the "full off" mode on the electronic nannies though, which the other thing that the perf pack gets you. I need those "whoopsie" gizmos, cause I'm not Carl Edwards

NefCanuck

Mospaw
My socks don't match.
Hawaiian Jellyfish
join:2001-01-08
Mile High
reply to VegasMan

Gorgeous car and I love the color! I'm having a blast with my Taurus SHO "wagon" aka a Flex with EcoBoost. I imagine your sedan being a bit more powerful and 500 pounds lighter is even more fun!

itguy05

Carlisle, PA

1 edit
reply to NefCanuck

said by NefCanuck See Profile
Ah, though I understood the perf pack also beefs up the suspension bits and brakes too (something I think should be mandatory to take the SHO out on a track anyways)

Not that I'd ever use the "full off" mode on the electronic nannies though, which the other thing that the perf pack gets you. I need those "whoopsie" gizmos, cause I'm not Carl Edwards

NefCanuck

Not sure about up North but Down South it the Performance Pack also gets you a different gear in the transaxle for quicker acceleration.

netsurfer1

join:2012-04-13
Atlanta, GA
reply to VegasMan

Dude, nice color. It's really cool. I can see my baby is coming. I'll post a picture of him here too once I got it.