Re: [D3] Still playing? [poll]

Xcal = fiftycal?

Since when?

People and their name changes.
Besice
join:2011-06-16
Tempe, AZ

Besice

Hmm, I thought that was him. Maybe its not haha, whoops.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to Jobbie

to Jobbie
We should get back into SC2. I was thinking that an 8 man free for all tournament would be fun . IDK Maybe play 7 games and see who wins the most?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I think this is a good idea, we never finished the last tourny. I relocated to a new city for a new job and just recently started playing again. I will install SC2 on this laptop to see how it runs, not sure if I sent you my battle net info if not Ill just send you a PM to get some games in. I really rusty and people make fun of my mad "button mashing" skills.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to Jobbie

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Xcal = fiftycal?

Since when?

People and their name changes.

Xcal = Xcal

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Now that makes more sense, thanks for clarifying.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

Well, we are getting about the results I expected to see. Secretly I had hopped things might be different.

You can pretty much tell playing the game, and using the auction house that things are different, and less people are playing the game.

It's to bad really, I think for the most part blizzard gave people what they wanted, but when people got it, they soon realized they didn't like it that way. I hope they don't make the same mistake again, and give everyone what they want now, only to find out they aren't happy with that either.

Thanks for reading, and keep voting.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

I have a feeling that Blizz was shooting for a Micro-transaction takeover and made the game to push people to the RMAH, which I resent.
Besice
Tempe, AZ

Besice to gatorkram

to gatorkram
I think the majority of gamers these days have a desire for never ending new content and experiences. I knew D3 would be a phase for me since I played D1 and D2, I figured I would play it and max level then just play once in a while with friends.

I like the game but I get bored easy and dont feel like grinding out hours for 01.% upgrade drops.

I think games like these will have a spike when released/expansions but for long term it wont match the high numbers imo.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to Blockgorilla

Premium Member

to Blockgorilla
said by Blockgorilla:

I have a feeling that Blizz was shooting for a Micro-transaction takeover and made the game to push people to the RMAH, which I resent.

Why do so many people bash the rmah. Al the rmah did was give the users and players a chance to take advantage of what every other third party website is already doing.

With or without it, tons of people would be taking advantage of all the services out there to get items and gold for real money.

I will admit I am sure it is more widespread with the official and in game ability to do it, but it would still be there in the background regardless.

As to the overall way they had to design drops, due to the millions of people playing, and the easy exchange of items for gold or money, sure they had to cut back on the number of drops people get overall or the market would be flooded with items, and the game would be over for most in a few weeks.

Having played on "private" wow servers, where they adjust the drop rates, so that you get pretty much anything you want, it soon gets very boring. The same would be true for D3, I have no doubt.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by gatorkram:

Having played on "private" wow servers, where they adjust the drop rates, so that you get pretty much anything you want, it soon gets very boring. The same would be true for D3, I have no doubt.

As currently implemented, people are leaving out of frustration with never being able to get what they want. Wouldn't it be better if people were able to get what they want before they quit?

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to gatorkram

Premium Member

to gatorkram
While reading about Torchlight 2 their developers mentioned something I thought was the biggest problem with D3. Balancing. TL2 won't do any balancing because #1) they don't want to do all the math, and #2) they say it is fun to be the bad-ass character taking on hordes of monsters.

I am ok with difficulty increases, but to a point. D3 punishes players without top tier gear by pigeon-holing them into specific play styles and abilities (at least on barbarian side). This isn't fun. What is the point of playing and trying out all the different abilities when you will have to pretty much drop everything but 1 offensive ability just to stay alive?

All ilvl 62 gear? That's great, but not good enough, need all ilvl 62 w/ specific stats, what it won't drop? go buy it, or keep staying at the same level over and over and over and over. This is equivalent to having to COMPLETELY gear all players out in WoW with top tier gear before taking on trash for the next tier. What, you have 1 item with ilvl 403? YOU Shall NOT Pass!

Blizzard missed the mark, they added an AH and didn't have the foresight or even bother to test how it would work prior to shipment.

My solution: remove cost of BS
remove ability to resocket gems (destroy yes)
increase drop rates on ilvl 60-63 throughout Inferno
create ilvl 64 gear that only drops in Act 4

Reasoning: BS just sucks, this would give players another form of item hunting without penalizing them so heftily. Remove the gem recycling in order to create a game gold sink and ensure the gem market doesn't get screwed down the road. ilvl 59 gear doesn't cut it in Inferno, by increasing drop rates of gear, you are providing an actual way to progress, and with the removal of BS costs, most items will be recycled back into other items keeping them out of economy. The ilvl 64 gear is the item hunt that players will want/need that makes them powerful but isn't required for anything beyond being able to possibly reduce the number of defensive abilities used and maybe have fun with more abilities like when players leveled.

/endrant

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to gatorkram

Premium Member

to gatorkram
said by gatorkram:

As to the overall way they had to design drops, due to the millions of people playing, and the easy exchange of items for gold or money, sure they had to cut back on the number of drops people get overall or the market would be flooded with items, and the game would be over for most in a few weeks.

Problem starts when you tune the drops so hard though, the only real path people see is dropping $$$ on a broken game. Then they bail, less people are fishing these rare drops, and the problem just keeps compounding itself.

I'll just put it this way: in D2, I actually could grind out to find items that me or my friends could use. In D3, I've put in many, many hours in 60 toons to simply not find a god damn thing.

Diablo 3 is a great and balanced game for the 1-60 players. However, I just can't recommend the 60+ game to anyone at this point - it's an unrewarding face grind.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to gatorkram

to gatorkram
I'd agree 1-60 is entertaining but 60 grinding isn't worth it.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury to gatorkram

to gatorkram
I had high hopes for this game, it looked like a lot of fun. Between the "always online" component (which I understand, but hate) and the content really being only about 8 hours (yes, you can play the exact same content over with different blue packs, but how is that original content?) it's really a pile of shit as said above. I got to Act II Hell and was so bored I can't bring myself to touch it. I'm rather sad for what Blizzard content has become, I used to buy anything they made no matter what, I won't any more.
Besice
Tempe, AZ

Besice to Thaler

to Thaler
I agree 100% Thaler.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

1 edit

Draiman to gatorkram

to gatorkram
Even the 1-60 grind can be done in 16 hours most likely even faster if you tried.
Expand your moderator at work

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Re: [D3] Still playing? [poll]

I'm sure there's one thing we can most agree on.

Diablo 3 sux, sux big piles of horse poop.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

said by JB9:

I'm sure there's one thing we can most agree on.

Diablo 3 sux, sux big piles of horse poop.

I'd have to disagree.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

I think D3 is worth the $60 I spent on it. God knows how many other things I spent $60 that I've gotten a lot less enjoyment out of.

Yes D3 has serious issues with rehashed content and bad end game, and I am seriously sad about progressing, but overall I think it's still a good game.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to gatorkram

Premium Member

to gatorkram
Well, for everyone 1 of you there's me and 2 others that feel the same way. Just look at the graph

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to gatorkram

to gatorkram
As a single player games it's fine. As a multiplayer game at level 60 it's as bad as when a glowing eyed villain shows up to attack Scooby Doo when he's right about to eat a nice big meat sandwich. That just stinks!

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

1 recommendation

I AM to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
said by puppy:

Yes D3 has serious issues with rehashed content and bad end game, and I am seriously sad about progressing...

I knew this going in and I was stupid enough to buy it. I hate grinding so why did I purchase a game that's end game is endless grinding the same content? Cause my friends did. Now if they jump of a bridge I might as well too.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
said by JB9:

Well, for everyone 1 of you there's me and 2 others that feel the same way. Just look at the graph

I can't argue with you on that point.

I do think the game will get better over time. I know Blizzard, they will not fold their hands under their butts and leave so many people unhappy.

Mark my words.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

Well, every week that goes by without at least fixing month-old exploits isn't doing them any favors. You can't trade with anyone without getting scammed currently.